Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
horaciocs
horaciocs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 Screen Issue

Hi, my name is Horacio and I'm new to the forums. Hope you can help!

I have a Kindle 2 and its screen now shows up like this:

Original image:

A
/
B
/

Image that is actually displayed:

A
/
A
/

The screen itself works, but the bottom half is the repeated upper half at all times. When flipped to landscape, the left half is the repeated right half at all times.

What could be happening? I got this as a "gift" given it wasn't powering up. Managed to reset, power it up and that's what I got. I updated to the latest firmware and it remains the same. Reseated the screen flatcable 3 times, same results. In my opinion, the flat cable is faulty, but I can't be sure.

Here's a video showing how it works at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIYI4WstriY

Can anyone give advice? Amazon customer service advised on replacing the device (out of warranty).

Thanks a lot!
horaciocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Wondering IF some one downloaded something to cause the split screen... Have you hooked it to your PC & checked? Seems to me IF they did you could just delete the program using the PC.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
flatcable, kindle, kindle 2, screen