Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #136
mizzlia
mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook tablet 8gb, samsung galaxy tab 10.1 wifi 32gb
I started because i thought it would help me read more and also being able to carry several books on one little device. I brought the nook first edition in 2010
mizzlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #137
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Because it was there.
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #138
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
I was going on a month-long bicycle tour and foresaw a lot of reading in the tent, and didn't think it'd be a good idea to lug a bunch of books around. It didn't take long to realize that reading on an e-reader is a much better experience than reading a physical book, so I kept it up outside of travelling too.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #139
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I had always wanted a dedicated reading device capable of displaying every book ever published, a year or two ago I got one.

Why would you not want to read on one?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #140
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I liked the idea of being able to take as many books as I wanted along with me when I was out and about (I sometimes switch between one book and another as mood strikes me) and being able to read things like my favorite fan fiction while out and about instead of being tied to a computer is a real plus. Of course I had to wait for the price to go down 1st since ereaders (like my Kindle) were too expensive for my budget when they 1st came out.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #141
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I remember when the first Kindle was announced and when I saw it it was "want, want, want now". Then I saw the price, I think it was just slightly less than a low end notebook computer. Just couldn't justify that. I didn't know there were Sonys and others out there at the time. I was so happy when they reduced the price of K2.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #142
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I remember when the first Kindle was announced and when I saw it it was "want, want, want now". Then I saw the price, I think it was just slightly less than a low end notebook computer. Just couldn't justify that. I didn't know there were Sonys and others out there at the time. I was so happy when they reduced the price of K2.
I remember those days. I think the price was around $600.00-$700.00 or there about which is more than what the cheapest notebooks I've seen recently cost. Being on a limited income I had no choice but to wait and let the price drop before I bought my first Kindle Keyboard.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #143
MrsAmandaK
Nerdy and I know it ;)
MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Better question is what DOESN'T this family have?! Current: Kindle PW
My husband and I bought into the Nook trend when they first came out. He wanted a cool gadget and I had loved reading as a child. Plus I was pregnant (then at the time) and could get whatever I wanted (within reason lol).

He jumped off the bandwagon and reads on his iPad now but I wanted another e-reader that was more lightweight so this past January he bought me a Nook SimpleTouch which I LOVED only I discovered our house is very dark *even WITH lights* and so I found it difficult to read.

I just picked up a Kindle Paperwhite yesterday and so far I am VERY happy with it. I compared my ST with the PW in the living room and it was literally night and day difference between the 2. The PW was very easy to read and the ST caused my eyes to hurt. Very happy to keep buying e-readers too - I read fiction, keep cook books on them, and I also read fanfiction (lol my guilty reading pleasure)
MrsAmandaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #144
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
By sheer chance and (my) stupidity.

I have an extensive e-library of many thousands military tech pdf's.
My laptop was too big for reading comfortably so I thought that the new then e-paper devices would be the solution to my problem.
Kindle 1 was too expensive for my income so I held back for a couple of years.By 2010 I decided that the ~190euros for an Cybook Orizon were quite reasonable and I bought it.

Afterwards I found out that the 6" display wasn't big enough for a picture heavy pdf nor the e-paper the ideal tech.

Trying to make the best of my situation I started to sideload my friend's .txt novels to my Orizon(the funny part is until then I didn't noticed that the Orizon shipped with over 100 free ebooks in memory).
The experience was a revelation(especially after I found out that in .epub format you could do so much).
I never looked back and never read a classic paper book since.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote