Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I loved my glow light until I had it about a month and it developed extreme ghosting and fragmented text. I got it at Best Buy. They took it back and gave me a new one.

It was never dropped. I did leave it on the charger a few hours longer than necessary at the time the problems began, but have done so with my Kindles and Sony with no resultant problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cure in case it happens again?
I have both a Nook Simple Touch and a Nook with Glowlight. I usually plug them in at bedtime and unplug 8 - 10 hours later and I've never had any trouble with either of them. You seem to have gotten a defective one the first time.

I love my Nook Glow too. It's by far the best book reader I've ever seen.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #32
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I loved my glow light until I had it about a month and it developed extreme ghosting and fragmented text. I got it at Best Buy. They took it back and gave me a new one.

It was never dropped. I did leave it on the charger a few hours longer than necessary at the time the problems began, but have done so with my Kindles and Sony with no resultant problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cure in case it happens again?
We had a Kindle 3 and an original Nook both have their e-ink screen die. Sometimes you get bad hardware. It happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzir View Post
I went to my local B&N and looked at the NST and Glow side by side and the text was really washed out on the Glow. I read from a few different sources that later batches of Glows didn't have this issue so I went to Best Buy (30 day returns) and picked one up. I prefer the text on the Glow over my NST. There is a difference between the two but I think the Glow has slightly better contrast than my NST.

I was on the fence to upgrade since the Glow came out but I couldn't be happier with it right now (As long as I don't get any "light leaks").
The Glow's contrast isn't as good as the original NST. But my NST was better than my wife's Kindle 3 Keyboard.

I was worried about this - the glow's contrast isn't as good. But in daylight it's still very good, and at low light, the glow light is better than the better contrast.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-02-2012 at 11:01 AM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #33
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I bought a glow when they first came out. From a personal stand-point I have been completely satisfied, no regrets. I take it out on a close to daily basis to buy a cup of coffee and read and no problems with the screen. I also use the light during the day quite often as it improves the contrast when the lighting conditions are not ideal.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote