Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
BOOK/AUTHOR ideas for 2019

BOOK/AUTHOR ideas, please I love gritty crime, the more gruesome the better. Page turning thrillers. What I loathe are romance or bodice rippers, angst-driven characters and cosy mysteries. Having said that I adore Outlander. My favourite author is Chris Carter. I love some of Candice Fox, but loathe her Harriet Blue series. I enjoy James Patterson and love both Wilbur Smith and Jeffery Deaver. John Sanderford is another good read. I use to read a lot of post-apocalyptics but find good ones hard to find, so would love some fresh ideas. One of my favourite books this year as a stand-alone was Garden of Beasts by Jeffery Deaver, so dystopic is appealing to me especially as my favourite tv show is The Man in the High Castle. I also enjoy sci-fi but are beyond fussy, must be gritty not Star Trek like. I adore Game of Thrones but am yet to meet another fantasy book I even like. As you can see ecliptic to the max and that list probably confused the hell out of most people, but please do not let it put you of making suggestions. I have read 168 books this year, so lots of ideas, oh and I tend to binge entire series or authors.
many thanks.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I would recommend any Mark Greaney’s books. Technically these are thrillers not mysteries but they are riveting. Also, if you haven’t already read it, I highly recommend John Sandford’s Holy Ghost and Twisted Prey

Also, I just read Ian Rankin’s Tooth and Nail. I very much liked this one and apparently they just keep getting better.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I enjoyed all of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels.

I also liked Maurizio de Giovanni's Comissario Ricciardi books.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
David Peace -- The Red Riding Quartet -- extremely gritty, gruesome set of novels dealing with a serial killer in Yorkshire
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Thank you, I binged all John Sandford this year and enjoyed them. I am going to try a couple of Mark Greaney's books, I love the movie Hunt for Red October, at the very least I know my husband will binge them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
I would recommend any Mark Greaney’s books.
Also, I just read Ian Rankin’s Tooth and Nail. I very much liked this one and apparently they just keep getting better.
I will be Binging Ian Rankins in 2019 thank you both for that one. Maurizio de Giovanni intrigues me, so will try that in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I enjoyed all of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels. I also liked Maurizio de Giovanni's Comissario Ricciardi books.
Thank you for reminding me about these, I have the books but had totally forgotten, so straight into my 2019 reading list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
David Peace -- The Red Riding Quartet -- extremely gritty, gruesome set of novels dealing with a serial killer in Yorkshire
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert