Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #166
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzzzbx View Post
I recall the reason for this being that Kobo had to organise some sort of cooperation with international organisations or something, but now that Kobo has clarified its position as separate from REDgroup etc. there's no excuse.
You're misunderstanding. Until very recently, Kobo did not sell outside of CA. Resellers like Borders, Whitcoulls, A&R, etc. were responsible for update distribution. You need to yell at your seller - they were provided the updates the same time they went out in CA.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #167
lindaf
lindaf doesn't litterlindaf doesn't litter

Device: kobo 1 and kobo wifi
I would very much like the next version to include:
- goto feature
- low battery warning
- bookmarks
- organizing capability (other than author or title)

Let's hope the Kobo people read this thread!
lindaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #168
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Adding to my list:
11) broken SD access

12) it'd be nice to have a clock displayed either in the bar w/title page # updating on page turns or every so many X minutes OR having a clock in the menu down with the batt & wifi icons... by clock I just mean hour & minute display...

13) a better case as I noticed on my the other day the top left side near SD slot had popped up and that's with very gentle handling

14) page turn buttons: might be an easier/cheaper option to move the DPAD to the CENTER of the device which would still make it accessible holding either left or right handed unless you have incredibly short fingers of course...

15) let's at LEAST rollout a fw with the bug fixes currently available, e.g. the rendered bug in the WiFi model that tends to cause it to poweroff rather than sleep when content is sideloaded...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #169
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I would like to see epub reading customization: margins, line spacing, spacing between paragraphs, paragraph indent, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #170
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
I'd like to see more pdf zoom percentages as the current ones always seem to be too little or too much. I'd like to see 115% and 135% added. It would also be great if it could autodetect margins and have a zoom to text width option.

I agree with cutterjohn42, I hope they at least come out soon with some of the basic fixes that have already been done for the original kobo about 3 months ago.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #171
ricw
ricw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
I want:
1. International Fonts! Reading chinese on kobo atm requires some hacking, which isnt fun.
2. Go to page!
3. Bookmark a certain page
4. Dictionary in any document (or, any ePub at least)
5. Wireless sync pdf, epub, etc.. to computer
ricw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #172
sensei_alex
sensei_alex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
1. More zoom options, i.e. 113%, 114%, etc.
2. Ability to jump to footnotes and back to text.
3. Automoatically reload the book and page I was reding when I restart the Kobo.
4. Dictionary support for all ebooks, or at least a more extensive dictionary that includes scientific and philosophical terms.
5. Clean up the margins. Some of the books I have read have very sloppy margins and the text just fades out at the margins.
sensei_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #173
kae
kae began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
Request for features not yet in 1.9

For PDFs - please give us the ability to turn OFF the title/page # display. Our screens are small and I don't need this info if it cuts off 1/2" of my 6" screen.

Also, when in 100% or any zoom mode - please GET RID OF THE STUPID ARROWS. We are zooming in to see more of the text not the ARROW Overlay. This is just an absurd design. We know what the Dpad does, we don't need the arrows to show us. If customers need this function, please at least give us the ability to turn it off. Also, I just spent two days cropping all my PDFs so there is no margin only to find out that in whole page mode the KOBO puts margins in there for me! Please don't treat us like 3 year olds and impose your own artistic formatting for a reader we spent OUR money on. The KOBO reader screen is SMALL, I don't want to beat this to death but let us dump the Kobo imposed margins.
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #174
Charbucks
Charbucks has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
For PDFs - please give us the ability to turn OFF the title/page # display. Our screens are small and I don't need this info if it cuts off 1/2" of my 6" screen.

Also, when in 100% or any zoom mode - please GET RID OF THE STUPID ARROWS. We are zooming in to see more of the text not the ARROW Overlay. This is just an absurd design. We know what the Dpad does, we don't need the arrows to show us. If customers need this function, please at least give us the ability to turn it off.
I entirely agree, I think these are really important things that significantly affect readability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
Also, I just spent two days cropping all my PDFs so there is no margin only to find out that in whole page mode the KOBO puts margins in there for me! Please don't treat us like 3 year olds and impose your own artistic formatting for a reader we spent OUR money on. The KOBO reader screen is SMALL, I don't want to beat this to death but let us dump the Kobo imposed margins.
Again, I agree... but I think the Kobo-imposed margins are a result of the title/page # display rather than any kind of artistic formatting. Shrinking the page vertically results in shrinkage horizontally to keep the same aspect ratio. You could probably get around this by re-formatting to take the info bar at the bottom into account, but that's annoying and doesn't ultimately address the problem.
Charbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #175
Beak
Beak began at the beginning.

I would really like 1 Go to access
2 Better fault tolerance for epubs because it just gets stuck and recycles now if there is a defect in the file
3 An expansion slot that actually works.

I regret buying this device because it is so damn buggy, and Kobo doesn't seem too Customer complaint focused.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #176
Beak
Beak began at the beginning.

After complaining a bit to Kobo, I downloaded a new firmware last night. It has a goto function for page numbers.!

I still am checking how well it supports the SDHC card so I can't report yet.

Page turning on the one book I have tried was much slower so I hope this is just an isolated thing.

Maybe everyone can update now.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #177
jayupark
Enthusiast
jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle 3G, Kobo wifi
1. Auto connect to remembered wifi networks. (instead of having to scroll through the menus again).
2. Asian font handling
3. Goto page numbers
4. Dictionary support for all ebooks
5. Picture viewer
6. Landscape orientation
7. More fonts
jayupark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #178
jayupark
Enthusiast
jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

8. remapped/rethoughtout menu system (simple and functional is better)
9. Ability to remap the side keys.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #179
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
I would love to have a browser for the Net since we have wifi.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #180
jayupark
Enthusiast

Does an actual rep from Kobo read this forum?

Dear Rep, Please sound off if you do.

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo