Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex5150 View Post
Well, that's a pain. Looks like I'll have to survive without the images then.

Thanks for your help anyway.
The images include both text and figures. I take it you want the figures. That is pretty much on a separate layer but you would need a special tool to extract them and you might not get this all anyway since simple figures are on the text layer. You can off course display the book and capture the figures with scrren capture.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #17
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex5150 View Post
I can extract the text in the djvu file (in a few different ways) but I can't get inline images to convert. What I want is to go from djvu to epub, I'm not worried about extra steps in-between as long as both text and images make it to the final epub. Like the OP I'm running Linux, but I can probably borrow a windows machine for a while if that's the only way to do this. Any ideas?
Have you downloaded DjVuLibre and run any of the tools included in there?

One of the commandline tools is "ddjvu", which may be helpful for extracting Images from DJVU:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Help:...DjVu_to_Images

If you need to extract Text, it also has a few other commandline tools (specific instructions are also in the link above). I have no idea if it outputs plaintext or HTML though.

Another last resort you could do is convert DJVU->PDF, and then use whatever PDF tools are available to pull out the Images/Text.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
djvu epub conversion