Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
I can't make this work.

I've just bought a drmed ebook from B&N, downloaded it and opened it with their reader for PC.

When I run ignoblekey.py (version 2) all I'm getting is a pop-up window saying "Error: Problem decoding key; unexpected DB format?" after a few seconds.

EDIT: My clientapi file is: ClientAPI_v012.db

EDIT: Solved. I just removed the ClientAPI_v012.db, ran B&N eReader and logged in. A new clientapi was created and everything went fine.

Thanks!

Last edited by owl123; 12-21-2009 at 01:37 PM.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
I can't make this work.

I've just bought a drmed ebook from B&N, downloaded it and opened it with their reader for PC.

When I run ignoblekey.py (version 2) all I'm getting is a pop-up window saying "Error: Problem decoding key; unexpected DB format?" after a few seconds.

EDIT: My clientapi file is: ClientAPI_v012.db
Perhaps the file is still blocked because you have the B&N EReader Software still opened. First close it then use the script.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm beginning to love cabbages too!

Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stuffed cabbages are quite nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #20
owl123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Perhaps the file is still blocked because you have the B&N EReader Software still opened. First close it then use the script.
No, it's closed (checked the processes too).

In the clientapi file there's a key-like string near "uhk00000000" so the file doesn't seem to be corrupted.
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

In the clientapi file there's a key-like string near "uhk00000000" so the file doesn't seem to be corrupted.
It's kind of 'quick and dirty' to extract the key without 'binding the db' to a python object. The later is the clean version but I have no idea how much python code is needed to make that happen =).
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
owl123
Addict

OK, solved. :-)

I just removed the ClientAPI_v012.db, ran B&N eReader and logged in. A new clientapi was created and everything went fine.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Ignore this.... Problem was solved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just wanted to say I just tested here with the StarWars book that Jon provided a link to on B&N and it worked like a champ.

Thank you cabbages!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
sunebird
sunebird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
I was able to open my book I purchased from B&N with no problems. The book now opens on Adobe Digital Editions, My Sony Reader, Calibre
sunebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #26
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Now if some smart individual could port this to Mac
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #27
T-LAM-C
T-LAM-C began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook-Lite; Nook 1.2
Hello, all. New to the reader and the forum. Are there some kind of instructions for the above scripts? I cant get past downloading the two keys.
Thanx
T-LAM-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-LAM-C View Post
Hello, all. New to the reader and the forum. Are there some kind of instructions for the above scripts? I cant get past downloading the two keys.
Thanx
MobileRead is not the right place to ask for instructions how to use DRM circumventing code.

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #29
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
MobileRead is not the right place to ask for instructions how to use DRM circumventing code.

In other forums they have a hall of shame section for that .
Old 12-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #30
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Now if some smart individual could port this to Mac
It should work for the mac as well (if the software saves it in a sqllite db).