Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Any eBook reader apps that syncs place between idevices like iBooks?

....other than Kindle, which only syncs store bought books?

iBooks is fine on the iPad but, due to the amount of screen real estate wasted, is utterly woeful on the iPhone. A fine example of Apple at their worst, style absolutely over content - do we REALLY need all that margin space either side, page number and the name of the book you're reading permanently displayed on such a small screen? Of course not.

Stanza is great, but currently dead, and doesn't sync furthest read/current place automatically between iPad/iPhone so I've grudgingly used iBooks on my iPhone for ages now when I'm not carrying my Sony Reader.

I notice Tomes (formerly Bookshelf) can sync positions between idevices using a (now free) @me.com account. Unfortunately it's an awful, buggy piece of ****, but I'm hoping, with iCloud now up and running, some other ebook app may follow suit. Anyone know of any already?
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote