Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
liasom
liasom began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
PRS-T1 Black $59.95 at Micro Center, Richardson TX

I was in the Micro Center, Richardson TX store today and PRS-T1 Black is $59.95. Purchased one to have as a backup in case mine ever dies. Sales guy said they have 5 left. YMMV.

I love my PRS-T1, calibre with the Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM plug-in, and MediaMonkey. All my eBooks and MP3s from everywhere!

--Mike

Last edited by liasom; 02-28-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added info
liasom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Sony Outlet stores is selling the PRS -T1 for $49.99 which includes a free case.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
liasom

Dang I wish I'd have found that.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You still got a great deal, liasom! Just imagine that when I bought a T1 on clearance at Target for $68 last summer, I thought that was a good deal.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I also found a black case for $10 at Best Buy a week ago. It was just randomly on a shelf mixed in with the Nook and Kindle boxes.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
liasom

I have the blue Sony Soft Case for Reader Pocket and Touch Edition case and now a spare one ($4.95 w/Free Shipping !!!) I got last week.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...or_Reader.html

The blue is nice looking. The PRS-T1 fits with a bit of room so I can easily fit a microfiber cleaning cloth in there too. I don't make that many notes, so my stylus stays at home. My local Fry's Electronics store is where I purchased the first one a while back, but they were out of stock for a spare, so I googled and found the B&H SKU online.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
liasom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
You still got a great deal, liasom! Just imagine that when I bought a T1 on clearance at Target for $68 last summer, I thought that was a good deal.
I got my T1 at Target for $90 late last spring. Thought about getting a T2 when I was looking at this T1 I purchased as a spare last week but I like having the MP3 playback and really don't need Evernote. Getting a spare one was a no-brainer as far as I was concerned.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
open box special

http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...eader_-_White#

$59.99
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #9
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I also found a black case for $10 at Best Buy a week ago. It was just randomly on a shelf mixed in with the Nook and Kindle boxes.
The Sony Outlet Store has the cover with light for $10.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
The Sony Outlet Store has the cover with light for $10.
Do you have a link, or is that in store only?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Do you have a link, or is that in store only?
I believe it was in store only. I bought mine at a sony outlet store in Texas but it's possible the offer is available elsewhere. The following link has the phone numbers of other sony outlet stores if anyone wants to call and find out the price of the cover.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...yStyle_Outlets