Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's paid for his posts in this forum? Henrycat (iRex) and/or Rechard(Hanlin)?
Both are 1 9.09%
Henrycat is, Rechard is not 1 9.09%
Rechard is, Henrycat is not 0 0%
Neither is, you're just paranoid 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
Loki
Loki began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad ordered+on its way!
Who's paid to be here?

Information and hands-on experience reports are coming from two sources. First is Henrycat, who claims that
  • the device is stable
  • the problems are at the software company and the web company and not-all-all iRex' fault
  • we all will get our device
  • also, he has insider information

On the other hand, there is Rechard, claiming
  • the iRex crashes a lot and is sluggish
  • the chinese iLiad shop has no devices and chinese readers are buying Hanlin anyways

Now couldn't it be iRex is paying Henrycat, and Hanlin Rechard? What do you say?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Rechard
Rechard began at the beginning.

I must be clarify that i have many respects for Henrycat,he selflessly done many working for us. But in 16th,may , i do saw iliad in Beijing , at least, it's performance to me disappointment. and i do call (Telephone Number:+8620 83646416-21) a company which is iLiad agent in China, their seller told me thaw there haven't goods now, and they don't know when it will be available, but he accept pre-order.
For my poor english ,i am so sorry if i confuse anyone.
referrence: http://blog.china.alibaba.com/blog/j...0-i542957.html
http://www.jcnip.com/
Rechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
Rechard

I am a teacher in one of Chinese university and i am a eBook Reader fan ,till now i had 5 type eRaders:Sony librari,Hanlin L12,Hanlin V8,Founder E120,Panasonic sigma book. if iLiad available , i shall buy one immediately.
That's all.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:28 AM   #4
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Frankly, I don't care if anyone is or is not. Show me the goods and I'll taste the pudding myself!
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:22 AM   #5
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechard
now i had 5 type eRaders:Sony librari,Hanlin L12,Hanlin V8,
Hi, Rechard

How much does Hanlin V8 cost in China (in $$)?
Is it difficult to buy it, or it is easy available in China?
When did you buy it?
What is your impression from V8?

May be you could tell us about it in Hanlin thread? (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2006, 04:27 AM   #6
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suppose you could say i was paid with a "permanent" loaned device
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #7
Rechard

To Takir:I spend RMB3500(about430USD) for Hanlin V8 directly from Jinke Company' counter on 9th May.

It gave me very big impact expect a little case design and don't suppot PDF.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:08 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex keeps very quiet about anything related to the iRex, so I'd be surprised if they had paid anyone to be here and share details
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
iRex keeps very quiet about anything related to the iRex, so I'd be surprised if they had paid anyone to be here and share details

It could be a tactic to create hype around the product and get some feedback at the same time. Altough this seems a bit unlikely, as i dont think iRex would go to such lenghts. They have other problems to deal with.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vranghel
It could be a tactic to create hype around the product
I think we -the forumdwellers- are more to blame for creating hype than Irex is.
Nah.. Irex are a bunch of wizzkids with a new toy that turns out to be in a somewhat larger demand than anticipated and who find themselves straight from the lab, suddenly dealing with suppliers, software glitches, I.R.S., international webshops, dealers and demands, forums and newspapers, contracts and employees.
And you guys want them to be on time and paying HenryCat? Geez...
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
right you are High5...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #12
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
High5, I think you hit the nail on the head! It's like getting scientists and engineers to try to handle the sales end as well ... or sales team to make ebook readers ... *shudder* ... ok, let's not even go there!
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote