Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #1
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Plugin changes to images not reflected until Sigil restart

I have something similar like this in addition. If i use my AdustSVG plugin und the dimensions needs to be changed the file isnt displayed properly. Restarting Sigil and everything is fine. This i can reprduce it happens in each and every book im treating like this on Sigil 092 Win7 64.

Example:

Call Plugin AdjustSVG in codeview
After values have been corrected switch to bookview => Picture is too big and not centered nor dies it fit in the canvas
Attached Files
File Type: epub z.epub (738.4 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by rubeus; 01-24-2016 at 09:03 AM.
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubeus View Post
I have something similar like this in addition. If i use my AdustSVG plugin und the dimensions needs to be changed the file isnt displayed properly. Restarting Sigil and everything is fine. This i can reprduce it happens in each and every book im treating like this on Sigil 092 Win7 64.
You're talking about the dimensions of a "standard" SVG wrapper like around a cover (or other) image?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2016 at 10:26 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've added an example... This is reproducable on my Computer. Changing the CSS and the changes are not reflected i can observe, too. But i cant reproduce it or give an example.
The svg wrapped image may help to find the root cause for this. May be not. Its the only reproducible problem i currently have where the bookview does not follow code changes.
I'm not quite following. Should I be able to change the dimensions of an image with your plugin? Or are you talking about just adding an image with your plugin and then manually changing the dimensions in Code View?

If it's the latter, both Book View and and Preview immediately reflect the dimension-changes I make (in Code View) to the svg wrapper (on both Windows 7 and Linux).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The example file contains an svg wrapped image with false dimension. Display in bookview is ok. After correcting it with my plugin in codeview and then switch to bookview its not displayed as it should.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The example file contains an svg wrapped image with false dimension. Display in bookview is ok. After correcting it with my plugin in codeview and then switch to bookview its not displayed as it should.
How do you "correct it" with your plugin? I only see the ability to create new xhtml files from images.
Advert
Old 01-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
rubeus
Banned

I'm using AdjustSVG, not AddimgasSVG
Old 01-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm using AdjustSVG, not AddimgasSVG
Well duh ... that would make a difference, I guess!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Ok. So I still can't experience the problem. When running the AdjustSVG plugin on Windows Vista/Windows 7, the change in dimensions is immediately reflected in Book View/Preview.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #9
rubeus
Banned

I was afraid of that that it works on your installation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.png
Views:	105
Size:	536.5 KB
ID:	145797   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.png
Views:	129
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	145798  
Old 01-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was afraid of that that it works on your installation
Actually, no wait. I seem to be experiencing the same thing you are (from your thumbnails). I just assumed you meant that changing the dimensions didn't change the image at all. It seems to take a Sigil restart for the 100% width/height settings kick in.

Manually making the same dimension-changes in Code View does properly update the Book View/Preview display, however, so I can confirm that something funky is going on here. I am going to split this out into its own conversation, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Webkit (BV/PV) will not reload resources unless we invalidate the cache. We do that when resources are added or deleted atomatically in the plugin runner code. But xhtml should always be updated in PV BV when modified by the plugin. Exactly what is the plugin changing? Is it code in an xhtml file or code in a standalone svg image resource?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

It's changing the code in an xhtml file. Specifically, the dimension/viewport attributes of an svg-wrapped jpeg image.

Steps:
Install the AdjustSVG plugin/download z.epub
Open z.epub
Run AdjustSVG plugin
See the image exceed the canvas in Book View/Preview

You can switch tabs between Code View/Book View or close/reopen the html resource tab, but it won't fill the canvas like it's supposed to until you either save and restart Sigil, or you save and close the html resource tab and reopen it (you'll probably have to open the image resource tab to be able to close the html resource one).

The Mend Preference settings make no difference.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:01 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I can recreate this but, I have triple checked and we are properly clearing the memory caches which should force both PV and BV to reload its resources. I have also tried sending the FlowTab a signal directly to reload BV after clearing the caches but still nothing changes.

This is going to be another of those bugs. This should be properly done. Not sure why it isn't.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've found that running Mend Code will make it appear correctly, too (one may have to switch from Book View to Code View and back, but Preview updates immediately after running Mend).

Which all leads me to believe that even though there's nothing technically wrong with the xtml file the AdjustSVG plugin is producing/modifying, that there's something there that WebKit just doesn't like.

In Code View--with Preview Open--After you run the AdjustSVG plugin you can right-click and do Reformat HTML->Mend Code and you can then right-click and "Undo" and "Redo." In this way, you can toggle the image from correct to wrong, while watching the code change in Code View. It's very subtle, but Mend seems to be "fixing" things in the xml declaration and the DOCTYPE only.

Ahhh! It's actually the preserveAspectRatio attribute. Something is lower-casing that entire attribute name. Since I don't see that being set in the plugin, it almost has to be in either sigil_bs4.serialize_xhtml() or something else after.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
rubeus
Banned

Yes i'm using the bs4 and i'm not modifying the attributes directly, only their values. Then serializing and writing back...