Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not that I know of. In fact, I've been doing away with the headers and footers on what I create for myself to read as they take more space and make the book take more pages and use more battery and I have to turn more pages.
Oh now you're just pushing it. What do they take up, like two lines per page? Agreed, that does add up, but it can't be all that significant... can it?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
On the topic of headers... is there a way in BD to set a larger distance between the header and the rest of the text? The default is a bit too tight.
Not AFAIK. You can set the margin size, but not the gap between the header and the text. Personally I don't use a header at all - I don't need to see the name of the book I'm reading! I do use a footer to show the chapter title - that's useful.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Oh now you're just pushing it. What do they take up, like two lines per page? Agreed, that does add up, but it can't be all that significant... can it?
10point font, no header, no footer, and I do save a number of pages that way. I get I think 28 lines per page. Now take a 500 page eBook and you get about 18 pages saved just by not having a header. Take away the footer and you've saved 36 pages.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner