Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
KaraG
KaraG began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo
Question Two noob Bebook Neo problems!

I've just acquired the Bebook Neo which is amazing! I'm having 2 issues though.
First is that I can't set the time and date (am stuck in Feb 2001 for some reason!) I've set the time zone GMT +2 but when I click the time/date icon the calendar doesn't come up so that I can change the date?

Second the sketch options don't show up at all under annotations - no sketch/erase/black/white/shape buttons whatsoever

I've installed the latest August Firmware.

It may be that there's something I've overlooked, but any help would be much appreciated.

KaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
- Time/date: what menu opens when you click on this icon? Nothing at all? I don't think that date and time zone should influence each other in any way, but have you tried other time zones, too?

- sketch options: Which format did you read? I think these sketch options only function in pdf files but not in epub, mobi and all the other flowable formats.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
KaraG

Thank you, Billi! You're right - sketch options only work for PDF - which makes sense if you think about it!

About the time/date: there's no menu at all - just a single line with D/M/Y + time (I did try other time zones too but it's the same). I can select the numbers with the stylus but not do anything to change them.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
When you select the numbers you want fix them with the central/OK button. I am pretty sure that is what is required but I don't have my Neo with me to check.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Kara, it's all okay when you see this single line. But you don't need the stylus for changing the date/time. With the inner ring you can move the cursor between the items, with pressing "prev" and "next" on the outer ring you can change the numbers. And as Stormchild wrote, end it with "OK".
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
KaraG

Thank you so much guys! Am now officially updated to 2011! :

And I really love my bebook neo - which was really hard to find here in Greece btw.
After all the research I did it was the one I really wanted, and it was definitely worth the wait. As experienced users how do you think it stacks up against other readers? (Post-purchase rationalization going on here - just to reassure myself I did the right thing!)

[Stormchild - Cornwall is a great place - I have relatives there ]
Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #7
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Kara.

Other than issues with battery life (improving all the time) I find the Neo a great piece of kit. If I had bought it as my only reader I would be perfectly satisfied.

What part of Cornwall do you relatives live?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
KaraG

St Ives. Are you near there? I haven't been for years, I usually stay in London when I go to England & it's a long trip, but I'd really like to go back again.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Stormchild
Evangelist

No. I am about 60 miles away up by Boscastle.