Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Darryl_Gittins
Darryl_Gittins began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Does Calibre support Samsung Galaxy Tab?

I can't figure out how to get Calibre to see my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Is there a trick? Is it supported?

Thanks!!
Darryl_Gittins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Probably not... but it is easy to get it added there is an FAQ on the calibre website

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ce-integration

rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Darryl_Gittins
Darryl_Gittins began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks! That seems to have gotten it working.

(I installed the WordPlayer e-book reading app).

Darryl_Gittins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
kll
kll began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab, nook color
Hi
I got the same problem. I'm trying to connect my Galavy tab to calibre- no result. I know about that solution postet above but still no luck. I have Nook app on my Galaxy Tab. All sideloaded books appearing without covers. I had the same problem with my wifes Nook Color and was able to fix it using Calibre and Sigil. Now trying to fix it on my Tab but noluck. Any advise?
Thank you
kll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
According to the calibre development logs, support for the Tab (driver and profile) was added this week and should be in the next release (0.7.36).

It is unlikely that the support includes customization for specific reader apps.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Connect to Folder option is usable on any device that is visible as a USB driver (including the Galaxy Tab). The device specific drivers are used to have device specific behavior and customisation.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
kll
kll began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab, nook color
I was trying to do that, but when I copyed the book to device drive it appears on the root derectory. Nook app didn't see it to read. After I moved epub file to Nook directory my docs folder I was able to open it, but still no cover. Another iproblem when I placed a book to SD card Nook, I wasn't able to open it with Nook app?
kll is offline   Reply With Quote