Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #9376
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Is the Simpsons' cat called Snowball?
Yes, one of them was. I updated my previous post with your new score.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #9377
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Well, for the Addams family the definition of pet is perhaps a bit different. I would surmise that Thing can be considered a pet as well as Cousin Itt, the latter at least having a pelt.
If memory serves I believe they had a lion called Kit Kat, and an octopus or a squid but I can't remember the name. Wasn't there also a meat eating plant? Could that be considered a pet?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #9378
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
The Simpsons had a mail order dog called Laddie for one episode I think. Does that count?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #9379
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Hills: Lady Bird
Pickles: Spike
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #9380
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Well, for the Addams family the definition of pet is perhaps a bit different. I would surmise that Thing can be considered a pet as well as Cousin Itt, the latter at least having a pelt.
If memory serves I believe they had a lion called Kit Kat, and an octopus or a squid but I can't remember the name. Wasn't there also a meat eating plant? Could that be considered a pet?
The lion was called Kitty Cat
Octopus was Aristotle
Plant was Cleopatra

Wednesday had a spider collection but I don't know if any had names.
Morticia fed piranhas in a fish tank but don't remember if they had names too.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #9381
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Simpsons also had Snowball II.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #9382
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Octopus was Aristotle
Plant was Cleopatra

Amazing that you remember those. I do remember Uncle Fester and Lurch but I can't for my life recall the grandmother's name.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #9383
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Thing and Cousin Itt are definitely people, not pets.

But a point for the lion, Kitty Kat. I'll allow Kit Kat as close enough.
I really need to octopus's name.

I don't usually count plants as pets, but I'd need the name.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-29-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #9384
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
The Simpsons had a mail order dog called Laddie for one episode I think. Does that count?
Yes, a point for Laddie.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #9385
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Hills: Lady Bird
Pickles: Spike
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The Simpsons also had Snowball II.
Yes to all. Three points.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #9386
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Octopus was Aristotle
Plant was Cleopatra

Too slow for Kitty Kat, but yes to Aristotle and Cleopatra.

Two points.

I'd need names for Wednesday's favourite spider, and the two piranhas to get points. (One each for the piranhas!)
Old 09-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #9387
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Name the pet(s) of these cartoon families:

The Simpsons
  1. Santa's Little Helper Bilbo1967
  2. Snowball Bilbo1967
  3. Laddie Bilbo1967
  4. Snowball II issybird
  5. Snowball III orlok
  6. Snowball IV (Coltrane) orlok
  7. Snowball V (& II) orlok
The Flintstones Dino Bilbo1967
The Jetsons Astro Bilbo1967

The Griffins
  1. Brian norway1456
  2. New Brian issybird
The Hills Ladybird issybird

The Addams
  1. Kitty Kat Kumabjorn
  2. Aristotle Fbone
  3. Cleopatra Fbone
The Pickles Spike issybird

Bold families have all the pets named, unless you can come up with something that I've forgotten.

5 points to Bilbo1967
4 points to issybird
3 points to orlok
2 points to Fbone
1 point to norway 1456

I think there are still at least three points left in the game. I'll give the answers this evening. It's neck-and-neck!

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #9388
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
The Simpsons also had a Snowball III and Snowball V. There was one between them called after a jazz player who's name I can't remember at the moment (don't think it's Bleeding Gums Murphy?), who was also considered to be Snowball IV.

Last edited by orlok; 09-29-2012 at 04:40 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #9389
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The Simpsons also had a Snowball III and Snowball V. There was one between them called after a jazz player who's name I can't remember at the moment (don't think it Bleeding Gums Murphy?), who was also considered to be Snowball IV.
Yes! Three points to orlok. I'll accept Snowball IV, although also known as Coltrane. Snowball V is also known as Snowball II, to save buying a new dish. Previous post updated.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #9390
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

The Griffins also had New Brian in one episode.