Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #31
msxer
msxer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I followed the instructions but it's not showing on Launcher. What could have happened?
msxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by msxer View Post
I followed the instructions but it's not showing on Launcher. What could have happened?
Is this the only extension you have installed?

I would guess that the problem with displaying the entry in the menu is linked to another entry in the menu. but I may be incorrect.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey...

I have a question... how are you getting the tcl 8.5.12 to work? I just dont find that anywhere. I would love to roll-in tcl (and thus wish?) support to kual-system and thought I may find the answer in your tcl-init...

But I'm confused by it.

Am I missing something really obvious? again
Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
twobob

[root@kindle bin]# TK_LIBRARY=/mnt/us/extensions/system/etc/tcltk/tk8.4 TCL_LIBRARY=/mnt/us/extensions/system/etc/tcltk/tcl8.4 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./wish8.4

Quote:
%
I went with 8.4 instead. thanks anyway.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
eboard 0.6

I see I missed a few posts here, sorry!

I just discovered that amazon no longer ships libpixbufloader-xpm.so in their firmware. Thus eboard could not properly load all its icons.

I put new package on my webpage that fixes this small bug.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #36
angomania
angomania began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Not working in my PW3 with 5.7.2 update. After klicking in kual, nothing happens
angomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #37
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angomania View Post
Not working in my PW3 with 5.7.2 update. After klicking in kual, nothing happens
I recompiled eboard to get rid of libpng12 dependency, which causes problems with the new firmwares. Could you please try to replace the eboard binary in the package with the attached one?
Please let me know if it works. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eboard.zip (470.9 KB, 297 views)
Old 02-12-2016, 03:06 AM   #38
angomania
angomania began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I recompiled eboard to get rid of libpng12 dependency, which causes problems with the new firmwares. Could you please try to replace the eboard binary in the package with the attached one?
I´ve replaced the "eboard" binary in "\extensions\eboard\bin\". Doesn´t work.
angomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:22 AM   #39
jux1e
jux1e began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW5
Quote:
Not working. If launched from kterm output is "Segmentation Fault"
jux1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #40
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jux1e View Post
Not working. If launched from kterm output is "Segmentation Fault"
I'm also getting "Segmentation fault" in the Kual log file after replacing the binary.
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #41
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Also see recent posts in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223455
the problems are related.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #42
baf
Evangelist

Let's try another approach. Instead of static linking, this binary is dynamically linked against libpng16.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eboard.zip (429.5 KB, 625 views)
Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #43
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Quote:

Let's try another approach. Instead of static linking, this binary is dynamically linked against libpng16.
Thanks! It works now.
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #44
jux1e
jux1e began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbb View Post
Thanks! It works now.
I confirm. Works like charm. Thanks @baf you rock
jux1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:52 PM   #45
gameshire98
gameshire98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (PW2 90D4)
Yes I replaced the binary file and now it works! Can confirm for PW2 5.6.5! Thanks a lot @baf
gameshire98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons