Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #22591
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
So... Stitchawl our friend from the future... did the world end on the 21st?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's not tomorrow for them for another hour and a quarter. The silence is worrying, though .
2 3/4 hours... but I'm calming my fears with a glass of Bombay Sapphire.
(My time zone is Zulu +9)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #22592
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Phoenix Oolong in my cup. Oatmeal in my other mug. Water in a third. Pneumonia seems to finally be gone. Today is the first morning that I have woken up and not had any urge to cough, not noticed a gurgle of any sort, not needed the inhaler, and generally felt like things are back to normal. Fingers crossed...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #22593
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
2 3/4 hours... but I'm calming my fears with a glass of Bombay Sapphire.
(My time zone is Zulu +9)

Stitchawl
My mistake - hopeless at reading the 24 hour clock .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #22594
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plus which, wouldn't it need to be the time zone that the Mayans lived in?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #22595
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Just finished a bottle of OJ. I am fighting a cold.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #22596
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I WANT OJ!!!! Do not get fruit juice much as a diabetic :'(
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #22597
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Water.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #22598
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

I actually feel 'rich' with my new stash of Keemun that I picked up the other day. I've never had a full kilo of a really great tea before. And as it's all packed in 100gm vacuum bags, I know it will stay fresh for the three days it takes me to drink it all...

Stitchawl
A whole kilo of Keemun. Ah, what a luxury indeed. (And good Keemun ages well even if it isn't in vacuum bags. )

Hi, everyone! Sorry I've been missing. My contract ended November 30, and I've been avoiding the computer in a major way, taking a break. But still enjoying tea (and single malt, of course.)

I also taught a class for local folks on how to make dry cured bacon. This was for the local Live and Learn initiative, part of the non-profit One Straw Society here on the Coast. The class was fun, and we were able to see all five stages of dry cured bacon, from raw pork belly to the final product coming out of the smoker. I've agreed to do at least a couple more classes for them, and I'll probably repeat this one at some point, since we had to turn away several folks.

In my cup: Keemun Xian Zhen.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #22599
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

Whoah and I know a man, he came from my hometown
He wore his passion for his woman like a thorny crown
He said Dolores, I live in fear
My love for you's so overpowering, I'm afraid that I will disappear

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H-LY4Jb2M )

I AM disappearing! 82.3kg this morning! I might just reach my target at this rate!

Good morning, everyone! Fortunately, the Mayans were mistaken. We live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Plus which, wouldn't it need to be the time zone that the Mayans lived in?
Nah. They didn't have clocks.

Big mug of Keemun tea today, and some fresh Nan-like bread spread with a little bit of olive oil and za'atar. Pretty tasty.

Internet guy is supposed to be here this morning to upgrade our equipment. Frankly, I don't see how he's going to improve our download speed of 74.83mps but 'they' claim it will... Well, the speed tests are instantly available...

Stitchawl
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #22600
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well we are on BT Infinity 2 Fibre-optic, supposedly the fastest widely available broadband option in the UK, and on that test I get 28Mbps. We are so far behind the Asian countries it's laughable.

A very small glass of coke, to take me up to my 600 calorie limit for the day. I wonder why I'm bothering, as the world ends tomorrow (Just not in Japan, apparently).
Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #22601
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well we are on BT Infinity 2 Fibre-optic, supposedly the fastest widely available broadband option in the UK, and on that test I get 28Mbps. We are so far behind the Asian countries it's laughable.
In Thailand we were thrilled when we got 7Mps...

Quote:
A very small glass of coke, to take me up to my 600 calorie limit for the day. I wonder why I'm bothering, as the world ends tomorrow (Just not in Japan, apparently).
I think Japan is simply to proud to die, unless it's 'honorably.' Maybe it will commit Hara Kiri in protest?

Stitchawl
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #22602
orlok
Close to the Edit!

I'm off to bed with a glass of filtered water to dream of imminent destruction. I'll just place an on-line bet first, 1000 to 1 that the world ends tomorrow. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank if it does. Nighty night all.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #22603
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Milk oolong. Taking a break from getting the house in some type of order before the family comes to town. Five kids between the ages of 9-14 and five adults. Should be fun. It will be fun just a bit busy.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #22604
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
how long? how many bedrooms?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #22605
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Eight days, one guet bedroom. The kids are sleeping in the basement, the adults at hotels.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?