Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 03:00 AM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Whatever this is, it is not really working.
I can see there one book (really the one I read last), and 5 dots below showing a position. When I switch to another position I get some books from the 100 preinstalled ones.
When I select there any other book from my SD card it will show up there, but my other read book (not one of the 100) is gone.
I am not able to make it show more than one book from my SD card, just library books.
So no way to have there 2 or more books I am reading at the same time.
Not sure if this is important, I use folder view (the only way at all I guess to see books from the SD card?), and I have all of my books on the SD card (reason is I have too many books to fit them into main memory, and I don't want to be bothered to remember where I store the books, so I store them all at the SD card).
I was hopping that bookeen would have fixed this... It's still buggy when using the SD card it seam.
You will have to put your books in the digital edition folder for that to work.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
The most annoying point is that there is no search function on this reader. You can sort books by several orders, but you cannot find them. If you have less than 20 books you probably won't need it, but if you have a few hundred or even thousands of books it is terribly time consuming to find an author or a book title.
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #18
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfax View Post
If you have less than 20 books you probably won't need it, but if you have a few hundred or even thousands of books it is terribly time consuming to find an author or a book title.
One of them is quite easy with the folder view.
If you have all your metatags in Calibre you can easily export your books in the folder structure you like to the reader, so either author or title works pretty easy, even with 1000s of books (I know for sure, I have 1000s on mine).
But I agree, it would be much easier if the reader would support two search functions, one to search for books, one for search within books.
And it would also help if the "recent read" section would work properly and not just show one book from the SD card...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have one folder per letter, and inside them one folder per author (starting with that letter), and inside them all books by that author (sorted by filename, so I can add numbers to the filenames of books belonging to series, and they'll be sorted according to them).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote