Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch Reading Life Awards (possible spoilers)

It's frustrating to go searching for a comprehensive list of Reading Life Awards for the Kobo Touch.. Thought a Thread that lists the ones confirmed by those here would be helpful.. To Start I have the following:
1)Welcome to Reading Life (I guess everyone gets this one for simply turning your KT on).
2)BookLover (grayed out) (This is the one with the bug, supposed to be awarded when you first log into your Kobo account from the KT)
3)I <3 My Library (Just add a few books to your KT)
4)Once Upon a Time (Start reading any ebook)
5)Not an Open Book (Finish one ebook)
6)Pressed for Details (Learn how to do the Long press for ebook info)
7)Scout Leader (Get 10 Reading Life Awards)
8)Highly Decorated (Get 10 Reading Life Awards)
9)Night Rider (Read for about 3-4 hours past midnight?)
10)Word Up! (Look up definitions for 10 words)
11)Juggernaut (only 29% right now)(Make 10k page turns)
12)Afternoon Rush Hour (Read 5 times between 4pm-6pm)
13)Happy Hour (Read 5 times between 6pm-8pm)
14)Primetime (Read 5 times between 8pm-10pm)
15)Better in Bed (Read 5 times between 10pm-12am)
16)Witching Hour (Read 5 times between 12am-1am)
17)Graveyard Shift (Read 5 times between 1am-5am)
18)I Eat Books for Lunch (Read 5 times between 12pm-2pm)
19)Playing Hooky (Read 5 times between 2pm-4pm)
20)All You Can Eat (Load lots of books into your KT main memory or SD card)(Personally I have over 1900 ebooks on mine but I think a 100 or two should be enough)
21)Facebook (Awarded when you first log into Facebook from your KT)
22)Inverted Comma (Awarded when you highlight your first passage)
23)Papillon (Awarded when you post to Facebook 10 times)

Anyone got any others? I suspect there may be an award or 2 for the time period between 5am-12pm.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I also have Page Turner, 'Clearly you couldn't put that book down! You read for two hours straight!', and Sleeping In, 'We know you didn't hit the snooze button! You read 5 times between 9am and 12pm'.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Page Turner - read 2 hrs straight
Eat It - read 5 times between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Kill the Commute - read 5 times between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
Sleeping In - read 5 times between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.

There are some newspaper and magazine awards too. All the awards are listed on http://www.kobobooks.com/readinglife#section:earnAwards but they don't necessarily say how to get them. I really want that Time Lord one!
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
I also have Page Turner, 'Clearly you couldn't put that book down! You read for two hours straight!', and Sleeping In, 'We know you didn't hit the snooze button! You read 5 times between 9am and 12pm'.
Oh, ok, 2 more I can try for.. Though I could have sworn I've read for more than 2 hours in one sitting before.. Does it have to be a single book?

Last edited by Xennex1170; 10-29-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Page Turner - read 2 hrs straight
Eat It - read 5 times between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Kill the Commute - read 5 times between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
Sleeping In - read 5 times between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.

There are some newspaper and magazine awards too. All the awards are listed on http://www.kobobooks.com/readinglife#section:earnAwards but they don't necessarily say how to get them. I really want that Time Lord one!
Ah, and yet 2 more.. I'll have to wake up earlier and use my KT. At least for a week.. I have heard that some awards are not available for KT and only show up on the iOS or Android Apps..
Old 10-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
These are mine;

1)Welcome to Reading Life
2)BookLover
3) I <3 My Library
4) Once Upon a Time
5) Not an Open Book
6) Pressed for Details
7) Scout Leader
8) Highly Decorated
9) Night Rider
10) Word Up!
11) Afternoon Rush Hour
12) Happy Hour
13) Better in Bed
14) Witching Hour
15) I Eat Books for Lunch
16) Playing Hooky
17) All You Can Eat
18) 2H: Page Turner
19) Sleeping In
20) Inverted Comma
21) Kill The Commute

And I had 60% of Juggernaut but when I sent my Kobo Touch for replacement all the partly achieved awards where wiped clean

And yes, to get page turner you have to read nonstop for two hours (I.E No Sleep, no changing books, and with some books no dictionary)

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-29-2011 at 01:05 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Ah, and yet 2 more.. I'll have to wake up earlier and use my KT. At least for a week.. I have heard that some awards are not available for KT and only show up on the iOS or Android Apps..
Do we know which ones are for iOS or Android only?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think "Free-loader" is an App award only. Because I downloaded 10 classics and it didn't work.

Last edited by The Terminator; 08-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired

I really want to get the Million award
Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Do we know which ones are for iOS or Android only?
I don't have any devices that use either OS so I can't say.. Anyone able to build a list of OS specific available awards?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I really want to get the Million award
Don't we all.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Xennex1170
Addict

Ok, got 2 more:
24) Page Turner (read for 2 hours straight, no exiting the book)
25) Sleeping in (read 5 times between 9am-12pm)

With 25 I now have 4 pages of awards.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
http://www.kobobooks.com/awards has a list of nearly all of them (but not quite) – though some are currently only available in the iOS apps.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
The Terminator
Retired

Those links don't tell you how to achieve the awards.

Last edited by The Terminator; 08-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
Is that all the awards you can get for the KT?

For the All You Can Eat award I don't think you need 100 books, I've gotten it before I got 40+ books in my library.
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch