Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Question HTC apks on rooted NC

I have a HTC Aria and EVO and really love their stock email and calendar app (opinion might differ, but may be i'm used to it).

Is there a way I can download the HTC apks for mail and calendar from anywhere?
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by debteb View Post
I have a HTC Aria and EVO and really love their stock email and calendar app (opinion might differ, but may be i'm used to it).

Is there a way I can download the HTC apks for mail and calendar from anywhere?
Alas, no.

Although you might be able to get the apk off your phone, these are integrated with HTC Sense which is sort of an overlay on Android. I have an HTC EVO and agree that much of Sense is very nicely done.

You may be able to find some alternate email and calendar apps in the market that behave more like Sense apps -- many Sense apps have spawned knockoffs since they have nice UIs (HTC's clock/weather widget is much copied).

It is possible that in the future some Nook Hackers will be able to build and install custom ROMS that have Sense, or Sense-like apps.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Alas, no.

Although you might be able to get the apk off your phone, these are integrated with HTC Sense which is sort of an overlay on Android. I have an HTC EVO and agree that much of Sense is very nicely done.

You may be able to find some alternate email and calendar apps in the market that behave more like Sense apps -- many Sense apps have spawned knockoffs since they have nice UIs (HTC's clock/weather widget is much copied).

It is possible that in the future some Nook Hackers will be able to build and install custom ROMS that have Sense, or Sense-like apps.
Thanks! I will end my pursuit here
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote