Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
thunderchild
thunderchild began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
USB Charger

Does anyone know of a compatible USB charger for the Ebookwise? Being in the UK I had to import mine via a seller in Europe. I have a converter but its a pain in the bum!!! It a case of a plug into a plug into another plug then into the socket!

A USB charger would be simpler and I would not have to worry about the voltage.

Any suggestion?
thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm not sure whether you can get a usb charger, however you can buy a "universal adapter plug" which will plug directly into the wall. i did this, as i had the same problem in France. i found a universal adapter with several different tips and adjustable voltage which works fine.

If you search this forum for "adapter" or "power supply" you'll find plenty of helpful info, including all the specific technical specifications for what you'll need. you should be able to buy an adapter for only a few pounds.

the output you need is :
Output: 12v DC, 1000mA, center positive.

here is some info about the one i bought :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm not sure whether you can get a usb charger
That's right; the ebookwise cannot use the usb cable to charge itself, only the power adapter.

A usb cable to power adapter cable would have to output 12v DC 1000mA and use the right tiny tip and polarity, a very unlikely combination.

Better to get a wall power adapter as suggested by zelda_pinwheel!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
That's right; the ebookwise cannot use the usb cable to charge itself, only the power adapter.

A usb cable to power adapter cable would have to output 12v DC 1000mA and use the right tiny tip and polarity, a very unlikely combination.

Better to get a wall power adapter as suggested by zelda_pinwheel!
thanks for the confirmation, nick, i was pretty sure but not 100%.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The biggest obstacle there is probably that the USB standard is limited to 5V DC ... I think the 1000mA is right at its uppermost limit (if memory serves, which it sometimes does not).

I'm afraid that a USB charging solution just isn't going to happen.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert