Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
Harzmounty
Harzmounty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Help: Kobo plugins screwed up

Hello Supporters,

I was using my KoboAuraOne with Calibre sucessfully for more that a year, but now had to re-intstall Calibre to a new PC.

When transfering books to the reader, the books are no longer converted to bookname.kepub.pub but appear as bookname.epub on the reader.

I have installed KoboUtilities but get an error when starting it:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.1.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>TypeError</b>:can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str

calibre 5.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 5)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 658, in about
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str
Trying to Install KoboTouchExtended I get an error:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.1.0
FEHLER: Erweiterungsinstallation fehlgeschlagen: Während der Installation der Erweiterung ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Diese Erweiterung wird nun entfernt. Bitte veröffentlichen Sie die folgende detaillierte Fehlermeldung im Diskussionsforum dieser Erweiterung und starten Sie Calibre neu.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 200, in load
File "site-packages\polyglot\builtins.py", line 123, in reload
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 169, in reload
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 602, in _exec
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 184, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED' from 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver' (<calibre Plugin Loader>)

I am willing to do a plain re-install but can't find a description what pluginis are really required and how to set them up.

Can somebody please point me to a Kobo-Calibre-Setup-Help file

Thanks
Uwe
Harzmounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For each user plugin, there is a thread to discuss it. This problem with the KoboTouchExtended driver has been discussed in it's thread heavily over the weekend with several suggestions for fixes/workarounds.

For the Kobo Utilities plugin, this was also discussed in the plugins thread over the weekend. The problem is with the "About" and "Help" functions. To the best of my knowledge, everything else works. I'll release a fix soon.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2020, 01:49 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update to calibre 5.2
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:47 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And I have updated the Kobo Utilities plugin to fix the About and Help options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Harzmounty
Harzmounty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for the hints,

Before I read it I have rolled back to Calibre 4.9.1 and installed the KoboTouchExtended as availabel through Calbre Setup.

So far everything seems to be oK again.

Cheers
Uwe
Harzmounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harzmounty View Post
Thanks for the hints,

Before I read it I have rolled back to Calibre 4.9.1 and installed the KoboTouchExtended as availabel through Calbre Setup.

So far everything seems to be oK again.

Cheers
Uwe
Why not run 4.23 if you do not want to run 5.2.0 (which fixed the problem with the plugins)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote