Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
narcolepsy
narcolepsy began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Google Play Books app on T1

Hi, I'm new here - have newly rooted and tried to get the google play books app working on my T1.

However I have not (yet) resized the partitions on my device and understand space to be at a premium when using default partitons.

I installed the google play books app and as soon as I pressed on it there was an error message saying it could not start - has anyone else got this app working?

Cheers

Last edited by narcolepsy; 07-23-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Changing title tag
narcolepsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcolepsy View Post
Hi, I'm new here - have newly rooted and tried to get the google play books app working on my T1.

However I have not (yet) resized the partitions on my device and understand space to be at a premium when using default partitons.

I installed the google play books app and as soon as I pressed on it there was an error message saying it could not start - has anyone else got this app working?

Cheers
I have not rooted my T1, but the Google apps (including Play Books) require the Google Services Framework to be loaded (so it has access to your account). Look at the process for installing Google Play Market and install the framework. I think Play Books was listed as one of the apps people had gotten working, but I'm not certain.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
You have to use Google Play Books 1.5.4 - the ones in the store (latest) I think require OpenGL 2.0 support and device does not have it. Version 1.5.4 however works without a problem.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote