Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #91
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.2.25

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.25
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for EPUBs using non-standard dc namespace
  • Fix for EPUBs with non-standard opf namespace definition location
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #92
whatisk
whatisk began at the beginning.

Device: acer a1-810
I just downloaded the app and every time I make some changes and try and save it I get the message "ERROR: file in use. Cannot save changes".

If I try to do a rename, I then get a larger error box and if I click on the details, it talks about not having permission to write where the epub is stored. It's on a local hard drive and I have also tried running the program as an administrator.

I'm running windows7 64bit.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. Just found out that the files were read only. Changed that and now all good.

Last edited by whatisk; 03-29-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: found solution
whatisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #93
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Those are the sort of errors I like: one's that I don't have to fix! ;-) Glad the program is working for you.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #94
whatisk
whatisk began at the beginning.

Device: acer a1-810
Yep, they're definitely the best errors for programmers.

I have another quick question as I'm new to all this.
When I open a lot of my files, I get all or a combination of 'Cover Info Thumbnail Missing', 'Cover image uses SVG' and 'Cover image not prioritised' under the cover image with a button to correct them. Undoubtedly a silly question, but am I best to fix whichever ones appear? I'm just not sure what each is for or does.

Cheers.
whatisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 AM   #95
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Hi whatisk,

It's probably quite safe to ignore those messages and buttons. They fix very specific problems. If your EPUBs work on your reading device, then just ignore them.

However, to explain a little further, "Cover Info Thumbnail Missing" refers to a problem encountered with iBook (I think); the "Cover image uses SVG" button was added to strip the SVG from the cover image xhtml page because covers were not displaying correctly on my Sony Reader; and "Cover image not prioritised" is useful if you have CDisplayEx installed and have added EPUB to the list of files CDisplayEx creates previews of in Windows Explorer, but since it only displays the first image it finds, this button copies the cover file to a filename that will almost certainly be the first found (and resizes it to thumbnail size if you choose that option)! (For this last one, there is more information available at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Thumbnails and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35505)
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 03:37 AM   #96
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There must be something strange with the SVG code you used for the covers in your reader then. On all my readers a SVG cover works fine.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #97
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
There must be something strange with the SVG code you used for the covers in your reader then. On all my readers a SVG cover works fine.
Quite possibly. But the covers of some of my EPUBs didn't display correctly, and after fixing them using my program they always displayed fine.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #98
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.0

Hi everyone,

Following up a feature request, here is a new version.

Recent Changes:
  • New cover selection panel for when no cover is set but there are images in the EPUB.
  • Adding / changing / saving cover images now handles *.jpg, *.jpeg and *.png files.

If you find any issues, please don't hesitate to report them.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #99
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.1

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.1
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed a bug for EPUBs with extra information in the "<manifest>" tag.
  • Added a donate button to the About dialog box.
  • Changed name to "EPUB Metadata Editor"
Old 04-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #100
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
How do I edit (and add) tags?

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #101
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
How do I edit (and add) tags?

Thanks
I am not sure what you mean by "tags". If you mean field labels, then there is no way for users to change them or add new ones. (If you request specific field labels to be added to the program, I might be able to. However, the interface is already fairly busy!)

However, you can still add fields manually. Open the advanced tasks panel, and click the button to edit the OPF file. But you will need to know what you are doing!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #102
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.2

Hi everyone,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.2
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed a bug
  • Added a donate link (hey, a developer can dream!)
Old 05-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #103
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi everyone,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.2
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed a bug
  • Added a donate link (hey, a developer can dream!)
Hey Ben,

When you write a change log, "Fixed a bug" is not really satisfying the readers :P

This is the first time I try your software and I'm keen to know if it offers more options than the Calibre metadata editor.
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #104
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedta View Post
Hey Ben,

When you write a change log, "Fixed a bug" is not really satisfying the readers :P

This is the first time I try your software and I'm keen to know if it offers more options than the Calibre metadata editor.
Hi odeta,

Sorry about not being more specific. The bug that was fixed was "Stopped the loss of data caused when saving changes if the ODF file has only one <dc:identifier> tag but " />" occurs elsewhere in the file."

As for a comparison with Calibre, I would think that Calibre would have more features for metadata editing. However, I don't like the library structure of Calibre and prefer to organise my EPUB files manually. So I wrote EPUB Metadata Editor to handle all my metadata editing requirements and only use Calibre for file conversions.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #105
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.3.3

Hi everyone,

I have implemented a feature request:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.3.3
Recent Changes:
  • Description field now displays HTML properly.

Sincerely,
Ben.