Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

iRex Fullscreen mode iPDF

In case you don't already know iRex are asking for developers to help develop a full-screen mode version of iPDF that it appears will become the official version. they have some specifications that prohibit the current community version being used, I've mocked up what I think would be a possible solution to the issues at http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=7706#7706
and would love to see some feedback/constructive-criticism from people about my idea.
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop View Post
and would love to see some feedback/constructive-criticism from people about my idea.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I like a lot your idea of a retractile panel (as I've just said in the linked page)...

...BUT I don't think they're going to implement it that way, as it creates an additional concept into their UI (slide-ability of the toolbar), and they seem to try not adding new "concepts".

It's very desktop-UI like, and they seem to try to run away from (or hide) similarities with a desktop PC environment.

Hope I've expressed it somewhat understandable (re-reading it, this message is somewhat messy ).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Makes sense to me.

It is true that iRex tries it's best to hide the fact that this is basically a computer with an e-ink panel. So much so, that many people don't know that it's capable of much more than just reading. Perhaps if they marketed more like an "information tablet", they would generate more sales.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
Thanks for pointing it out.

I like a lot your idea of a retractile panel (as I've just said in the linked page)...

...BUT I don't think they're going to implement it that way, as it creates an additional concept into their UI (slide-ability of the toolbar), and they seem to try not adding new "concepts".

It's very desktop-UI like, and they seem to try to run away from (or hide) similarities with a desktop PC environment.

Hope I've expressed it somewhat understandable (re-reading it, this message is somewhat messy ).
Thanks..

Well I didn't see it having to animate in any way so wouldn't really think it's an additional concept as such, just that when you click icon that the toolbar dissapeared to the single half icon and document then took up the space where the full toolbar was.

Personally I think that any UI should be designed from an efficiency and logic point of view, so long as the metaphors used work well it's all valid if you ask me..

Once we have unbricking I imagine we'll see more adventurous attempts at the UI made by the existing community based developers *fingers crossed*
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
realityloop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Makes sense to me.

It is true that iRex tries it's best to hide the fact that this is basically a computer with an e-ink panel. So much so, that many people don't know that it's capable of much more than just reading. Perhaps if they marketed more like an "information tablet", they would generate more sales.
Yes, you'd think touting it's ability to do "so much more" than the other e-book readers would only help with sales..
Advert