Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #2041
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kboley: Nope. The cache file is produced by the plugin. CM's export builds a json database in system/.

IIRC, the plugin's report only reports stuff the plugin did (ie. creation/export, not import).

So, nope, you're in the right place, just doing something wrong .
Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #2042
paraque
paraque began at the beginning.

Device: none
non-empty kindle collections are deleted

Hello,

I have a little problem. I use two libraries in calibre. When I use the plugin in the second library, I see the next error message:

Spoiler:

Collections deleted from the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
(Roma) Calibre 10 Deleted "(Roma)" (did not meet minimum of 1 book for column "Serie")
(History) Calibre 4 Deleted "(History)" (did not meet minimum of 1 book for column "Tag")

The plugin try delete this collections because there are 0 books in the new library, but de Kinddle collection is not empty!!!, there are books for this collection in the first library.

And yes, I marked the checkbox "preserve kindle collections", but if the name in the kindle and the second library is equal, the plugin assign it to calibre, not kindle-only. This is correct.

And if I fill with 0 in the "minimum" field, then a lot of empty collections of the second library appear.

Non empty Collections in kindle are detected correctly, but the comparison is with Calibre, not with kindle... it's an error?¿
Possible Solution: I suggest create a checkbox in "Customize collections to create from Calibre"-> "Don't delete non-empty kindle collections. "

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

in advanced.
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #2043
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm guessing the books, while they may be on the device, aren't in said Calibre library.

That's the problem, the plugin is tied to the current Calibre library. So, err, it's very late/early, so take that with a grain of salt, but I can't see a real solution, it's designed to be used in a library that matches the content of the device.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #2044
ejpoulloura
ejpoulloura began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 10
Unhappy Unable to see collections on Kindle

I'm sure this has been answered and I have tried searching but I can't find it. I can create the collections in calibre. But even after restarting I cannot get them to show up on my kindle. I have already jailbreaked the kindle and added the Mobileread Kindlet Kit too.

I have a kindle paperwhite gen 1 FW 5.3.9. Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by ejpoulloura; 06-29-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #2045
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ejpoulloura: You need to use it in tandem with a custom Kindle application (CM). This implies a jailbroken device.
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 07:58 AM   #2046
ejpoulloura

Yes I have this too. But I can only create collections on the Kindle and for them to show on the Kindle. Is there a way to create them on calibre and them to show on the Kindle?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #2047
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejpoulloura View Post
Yes I have this too. But I can only create collections on the Kindle and for them to show on the Kindle. Is there a way to create them on calibre and them to show on the Kindle?
Are you using the version of the plugin that is referenced from the CM thread? (IIRC, it is on post # 1760 of this thread.)

The original Kindle Collections plugin (first post on this thread) does NOT work with recent Kindles.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #2048
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ejpoulloura: What eschwartz just said, plus check out the "Sync" menu in CM .
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #2049
ejpoulloura

Smile THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Are you using the version of the plugin that is referenced from the CM thread? (IIRC, it is on post # 1760 of this thread.)

The original Kindle Collections plugin (first post on this thread) does NOT work with recent Kindles.
Worked perfect. Thank you. I was using the one from the first page. the link from CM wasn't clear on where the updated version was.

@NiLuJe thank you for your help too. I was not doing the sync bit I think i was expecting to unplug it and it would already bee there. Should read the instructions better.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #2050
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ejpoulloura: Don't beat yourself up too much, part of what the tweaked version does is actually print relevant info in that popup: the original version does ask you to restart the device, you didn't misread that .
Old 07-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #2051
mikegee
mikegee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Collection import not working

Hi
I have Kindle Touch firmware 5.3.7 and am trying to import collections using Kindle Collections 1.7.11.
No collections are imported and I get the following warnings:

calibre, version 1.43.0
Kindle Collections: Collections imported into custom column "Imported Kindle Collections".<P><P>6 warning messages.

Warnings:
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ_sample.sdr\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ_sample.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.sdr\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.phl"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.sdr\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.sdr\THE COMPLETE FATHER BROWN MYSTERIES COLLECTION Special Kindle G.K. Chesterton Edition (Annotated) (Complete Works of G.K. Chesterton)_B004KZQMWQ.mbp1"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QTJJS01KT1pFNUY0RVgmbWFya2V0cGxh Y2VJRD1BMUY4M0c4QzJBUk83UCZ2ZXJzaW9uU3RyaW5nPWozJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTNUNFRUMlozODFIS0Q.sdr\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QTJJS01KT1pFNUY0RVgmbWFya2V0cGxh Y2VJRD1BMUY4M0c4QzJBUk83UCZ2ZXJzaW9uU3RyaW5nPWozJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTNUNFRUMlozODFIS0Q.mbp1"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QTJJS01KT1pFNUY0RVgmbWFya2V0cGxh Y2VJRD1BMUY4M0c4QzJBUk83UCZ2ZXJzaW9uU3RyaW5nPWozJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTNUNFRUMlozODFIS0Q.sdr\Software Update Letter_PSNL!DeviceUpgradeLetter!c29mdHdhcmUtdXBkYX RlP2N1c3RvbWVySWQ9QTJJS01KT1pFNUY0RVgmbWFya2V0cGxh Y2VJRD1BMUY4M0c4QzJBUk83UCZ2ZXJzaW9uU3RyaW5nPWozJm RldmljZVR5cGU9QTNUNFRUMlozODFIS0Q.mbs"

The only thing I can see odd in these files is the names are very long.

can anyone suggest what to try?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #2052
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mikegee: First, make sure you're aware of the limitations on FW 5.x. (ie. CM & the tweaked plugin).

Second, that's only a bunch of mostly-harmless warnings, which I usually attribute to Windows being stupid.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #2053
mikegee

Re: Collection import not working

Many thanks for the fast response.
I've checked all the prerequisites and they look ok.
I temporarily removed the files giving the warnings and the import completed without warnings/errors but still without the collections being populated.

I'll re-check/reapply the prerequisites and then try again.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #2054
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mikegee: Prerequisites? Not really, it's just that the plugin literally can't do anything on its own for the K5. It becomes a simple link in a chain of tools, and CM is the the key part of that chain, not the plugin.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #2055
mikegee

Re: Collection import not working

Thanks again for your help.
I have reinstalled all the components and successfully transferred Kindle Collections into Calibre, updated collections in Calibre and then imported these back into Kindle.
Certainly a huge improvement over the native Kindle Collections functionality!
Thanks for all you efforts!
Closed Thread