Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
mervpaine
mervpaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Kindle3 password forgotten !

Hi,

I received my Kindle 3 this morning (I'm french, living in France) and (I have no clue why ...) I've decided to set a password which is asked each time you want to use the Kindle.

The thing is the password I thought was the good one does'nt work. I called Kindle customer services but the only thing they managed to change is my amazon account password ... I've tried a hard reset by holding the power switch for 15seconds but the Kindle keeps on asking a password ...

I have no idea what to do right now ...

So for ING !
mervpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervpaine View Post
Hi,

I received my Kindle 3 this morning (I'm french, living in France) and (I have no clue why ...) I've decided to set a password which is asked each time you want to use the Kindle.

The thing is the password I thought was the good one does'nt work. I called Kindle customer services but the only thing they managed to change is my amazon account password ... I've tried a hard reset by holding the power switch for 15seconds but the Kindle keeps on asking a password ...

I have no idea what to do right now ...

So for ING !
Here's some info from the on line help file for Kindle 3:

Quote:
Remember to use the shift button for uppercase letters, and use the Symbol key to insert numbers and other characters. If you cannot remember the password for your Kindle, you can reset your password to regain access. Resetting your password will delete all content on your Kindle and you'll need to register your Kindle again from the Settings screen before downloading items from your Kindle Library on Amazon.com.

To reset your Kindle if you don't have the password:

1. Slide and release the power switch on the top of Kindle to turn on the device or exit sleep mode.
2. Enter "resetmykindle" in the password field and press the enter key on the key pad.
3. Wait several minutes while your Kindle restarts.

Contact us if you continue to experience problems.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mervpaine.

From you Kindle Users Guide, page 135........

"If you forget your password, try looking at the password hint you entered when you created your password. If you still don’t remember your password, you must call Kindle Customer Service for help with resetting your device. Keep in mind that when you reset your device, you will lose any personal documents, periodicals older than the past seven issues, MP3 files, and Audible files that you have not backed up."

I think the key here is 'resetting your device' not your amazon password.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
mervpaine

Wow, these are quick answers !
Thanks A LOT guys, I think I'll try daffy4u's reset solution
Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervpaine View Post
Wow, these are quick answers !
Thanks A LOT guys, I think I'll try daffy4u's reset solution
Thats the best first step........but at least if it doesn't work, you have an option.

Let us know either way.......
Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
mervpaine

It worked perfectly !
Thanks again !
Old 10-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Good for you.........and be sure to give Daffy karma!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanvt04 View Post
if it is not connected to wifi, data that does not work ?
That sentence doesn't make any sense. Try again.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Its a nonsensical reply to a long dead thread from five years ago. Worth ignoring I think!?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanvt04 View Post
if it is not connected to wifi, data that does not work ?
See post #2.

Just use the password "resetmykindle" and your Kindle will be reset. Then you can log back into your Amazon account, redownload all your books, set a password if you wish, etc. -- as if the Kindle was new.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forgotten, kindle, kindle 3, kindle3, password