Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
missi1197
missi1197 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 32g & Kindle Fire HDX 64g
Trouble with connecting & Duplicating books!

Since I got my Kindle Fire HD in Thusday I've had some issues with Calibre.

First everything was fine as I was sending books to the device for the first time. It quite responding and after that everytime I plug the Kindle to the pc it takes about 15 minutes before it actually reconginizes it. Also every book that was in the process of sending at the time it locked up keeps duplicating itself to the device everytime I plug it up! Now when I try to delete the duplicated book from the device I get a Can't Communicate with Device! It's the craziest thing.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I attached a pic showing how it shows I have 10 copies on the device!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	94992
missi1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your device is probably overloaded. Try deleting all the book files from it using windows explorer. Then reboot it. The connect it to calibre again. And this time send fewer books to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
missi1197

You mean sending fewer books to the device at one time or putting fewer books on my device period??
Old 10-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
JEE76
JEE76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kovid

My Kindle Fire arrived - and I linked up to Calibre to shift a couple of mobis - all went well. Then later I decided to move a couple more.... unfortunately my daughter eager to look at it turned the Kindle on while all things were happening......

======== Now no Calibre access....

I suspect something ill is happening to the Kindle - though I can upload mobis happily with Explorer.....

--- the error message is this

-------------------
calibre, version 0.9.4
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 167, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 139, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 118, in _update_drive_info
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

---- perhaps there is no solution?

Jee76
JEE76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you done a Full Restart (not just the normal power cycle) on your Fire?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by missi1197 View Post
You mean sending fewer books to the device at one time or putting fewer books on my device period??
The latter.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
missi1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you done a Full Restart (not just the normal power cycle) on your Fire?
Yep, tried that a few times! It has something to do with Calibre and the KF HD. Hooked my Kindle Fire up to it and didn't have a problem at all. I don't believe it's overloaded because I had almost the same amount of books on reg KF that I've put on my KF HD. Plus I have 32 gig's on the new one. Since I've only put about 4.9 gig's on it seems kinda crazy that it would be overloaded. Kinda defeats the purpose of having that much memory!

But still everytime I hook it up to Calibre it shows another copy of the book was added to the device. I think I'm up to 15 or 16 right now but there are no duplicate books on the device.

Hopefully it'll work itself out. I'm not deleting everything and starting over till Amazon can figure out how to let you clear the carousel without removing them one at a time!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
StevenP94
StevenP94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Do you use the automatic sync ?
StevenP94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #9
missi1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP94 View Post
Do you use the automatic sync ?
I'm not really sure what you mean about automatic sync! I just highlight the book I wanna send and click on send to device!