Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #21556
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That doesn't sound like a rant. That sounds like a great idea. If only it wasn't a fasting day....
well, i COULD rant. but you wouldn't want that, would you?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #21557
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
well, i COULD rant. but you wouldn't want that, would you?
Why won't people vent and rant in the vent and rant thread!

There are lots of general chat threads, but only one where I can see how annoyed other people are getting by life's little (and not so little) irritations!!

Why can't people keep on topic!!!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #21558
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you have some sort of problem with me not ranting? Seriously. Testy people annoy me. Sometimes I just want to post a little support for someone else's trouble and then some people just go off and say this thread isn't for that. Well, whatever dude, I'll write what I want when I want and where I want in this thread.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #21559
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

There are lots of general chat threads, but only one where I can see how annoyed other people are getting by life's little (and not so little) irritations!!

Well, I used to rant all the time here, but it gave the people here the impression that i'm whiny... :banghead:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #21560
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:

HomeInMyShoes -- I don't think he's seriously annoyed with you. He's just doing his "duty" and *ranting* about something, just to be on topic!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #21561
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
A Plea for Sanity and Serenity
(Sung to the tune of "Santa Claus is Comming to Town")

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Daddy's head is gonna explode!

You're making my pissed,
Vision's gone hazy.
Must you kids always drive me crazy?

I seethe when you're not sleeping.
I cringe when you don't eat.
When you jump o'er the furniture
my heart triples its beat!

You know my love
is solid and true;
It's the only reason
I haven't sold you
To the circus just leaving town...

All your toys are in a mess now
Why won't you keep clean?
A "Little Pony" unicorn
Has just punctured my spleen!

With every little wail,
my heabeat drums
I'm scarfing Vallium
and sucking down Tums
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #21562
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Aren't kids great?
Quote:

Let's see....

Why does everything have to happen at once? (starts with work/family issues) Then the deluge of recent rain apparently caused moisture in my pond electrical line, so the GFI sockets outside and in 2 bathrooms have tripped - can't use them. I seriously don't want to hear that I have to have the socket raised and rewired (the line is underground) outside, so a nice expensive electrician has to do this, just so I can have my electricity back in the bathroom sockets. Which means that the new rain gutters in the back have to wait. Home ownership is so fun... Grump..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #21563
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Very nice rant, Paul!
I think there aren't enough 'rant locations' in today's world! There should be more! (My petite rant.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Why does everything have to happen at once?
It's because of 'time,' Dreams. You've heard it said often that 'gee, there just isn't enough time to do XYZ any more.' See, it used to be that 'time' was what kept everything from happening in the same instant. But without time, they all happen at once. I hope this explanation helps.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #21564
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Do you have some sort of problem with me not ranting? Seriously. Testy people annoy me. Sometimes I just want to post a little support for someone else's trouble and then some people just go off and say this thread isn't for that. Well, whatever dude, I'll write what I want when I want and where I want in this thread.
Hey, that's a very nice rant about not ranting.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #21565
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is becoming a Monty Python skit...

Stitchawl
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #21566
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
No it isn't.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #21567
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's not ranting. That's contradiction.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #21568
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You do know that Daddy-long-legs aren't spiders? Count the legs - six! Real name is the Crane Fly. There, don't you feel better now?
Quote:
Another case of being separated by a common language. In the US, "daddy long-legs" is usually used for harvestmen. Which have eight legs, but aren't spiders.

But in this case, it must be being used for a cellar spider, since harvestmen don't have silk.
In Virginia, the spider we've always called a "granddaddy long-legs" is a spider. Their habitat of choice is the shower stall in the Sharpe household. We just ignore them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae

Spoiler:

We also have Harvestmen insects in Virginia, and these are sometimes called by the same name.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-07-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Add picture (in spoilers).
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #21569
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Stitchawl
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #21570
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
In Virginia, the spider we've always called a "granddaddy long-legs" is a spider. Their habitat of choice is the shower stall in the Sharpe household. We just ignore them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae
That's the ferocious, man-eating, flesh-devouring aggressive beast that I think of when using the term 'Daddy Long Legs.'

If I'm not mistaken, weren't they one of the plagues of Egypt that are spoken of in the Bible?

Stitchawl

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness