Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #76
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Both of my everyday carry bags are Timbuk2. I have a briefcase style one for court and a small backpack for all non-court days. My e-reader lives in a custom case I ordered from Etsy. I have three different cases from this vendor, they all look the same, but are all custom sized to the readers.
My Kobo Elipsa has arrived. I am trying out just keeping it in the sleep cover it came with as it has a place for the stylus before I invest in another felt cover. It fits nicely in my Timbuk2 Miini Prospect with my pencil case and my daybook. My particular customization is attached for anyone who cares.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom TB2.png
Views:	131
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	195732  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:58 AM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Rob View Post
In my pocket.
CRACK!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:21 AM   #78
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Now that I've got a Libra H2O (not 2), I carry it in a sleepcover and it fits nicely in almost all my jacket pockets - unlike the Sage, which is now my at home reader
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:13 AM   #79
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
CRACK!
I'm with Jon on this: This is what I use when I'm out and about. It goes wherever I go and is very easy to manage. I rigged up a backstrap and it's quite easy to wear on my back like a backpack, except when walking uphill or crossing the street. (Or when I have to go to the bathroom, if you know what I mean.) I sometimes inadvertently knock people over if I make a quick turn left or right, but I feel that's their problem for getting too close to me. Besides, they might actually be thieves!

My precious ebook reader resides in the very center of the suitcase and is kept in place by a clever design of my own making. A chair is anchored inside the case, along with a table, for absolute comfort when I'm out and about. If there's no place to sit when I'm at Starbucks, I simply take the case off my back and place it in the middle of floor, and then sit inside my case and read my favorite novel, Finnegans Wake. (There's a thread somewhere on Mobileread about the wonders of this novel. Highly recommended when you're tired of reading those new and boring science fiction novels...but I digress.)

I want to thank Jon for making me aware that a mere case is no substitute for actual - real - protection.

[All in fun, Jon.]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Protectin for my ebook reader.jpg
Views:	6733
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	197113  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:53 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm with Jon on this: This is what I use when I'm out and about. It goes wherever I go and is very easy to manage. I rigged up a backstrap and it's quite easy to wear on my back like a backpack, except when walking uphill or crossing the street. (Or when I have to go to the bathroom, if you know what I mean.) I sometimes inadvertently knock people over if I make a quick turn left or right, but I feel that's their problem for getting too close to me. Besides, they might actually be thieves!
So that's how you protect both yourself and your Reader. What I want to know is who carries it around?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:56 PM   #81
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is what I use when I'm out and about.
I can't wait to use this with my new 30" Kindle Titan. Reading PDFs on the go has never been easier!
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:29 PM   #82
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I can't wait to use this with my new 30" Kindle Titan. Reading PDFs on the go has never been easier!

Always glad to help!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:47 PM   #83
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I have an elderly Tom Bihn Ristretto that still serves as my every day carry bag. My Forma or Sage is well-protected in that.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 04:18 PM   #84
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
So I bought one of these for my Kobo Sage on someone else's recommendation, and it's been fine so far. Looks nice, I like the little spot for the stylus. The only part that gives me some concern is that it the bottom button occasionally fails to align perfectly, and I've gotta fiddle with it and apply a bit of force to get it to click.

Should I be worried that the amount of force I'm applying could damage the screen inside the sleeve? The metal button backing is not touching the screen directly, it's protected by the felt, I'm just not sure how much protection it provides, or how much pressure it would take to crack it. This isn't Gorilla Glass, after all.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 04:10 PM   #85
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
For my Clara HD, I have it in a sleeve. My Libra H2O is in a Book Beau book cover.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote