Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It's now $2.95. I snagged quite a few of his older books this morning that are now selling under $3.00.
WOW!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #47
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Seeing as how I can't get the ebook version of "The Stand" from Amazon, does anyone know of another store where I can get it for a lot cheaper than the prices that I'm seeing at the more popular stores (preferably in epub, lit, or mobi format)?

Books on Board - $47.50
ereader.com - $45
Fictionwise - $50
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #48
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Fun View Post
Seeing as how I can't get the ebook version of "The Stand" from Amazon, does anyone know of another store where I can get it for a lot cheaper than the prices that I'm seeing at the more popular stores (preferably in epub, lit, or mobi format)?

Books on Board - $47.50
ereader.com - $45
Fictionwise - $50
No one can get it from Amazon now. It was pulled for some mysterious reason.

As for where you can find it cheaper, I don't know. When it was released it was $9.99 at Amazon and about $18 at Fictionwise, then the pricing went wacky. Maybe you can find it at the library for now and buy it when the prices come back down.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #49
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I am glad that I got it when I did and that I downloaded it
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest emailing the publisher and telling them how outrageous the price is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #51
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Well, I had the strangest behavior...after much googling, I managed to find a site that was selling The Stand in lit, mobi, and pdf format for $11.31 U.S. from a1books.com. The link to The Stand ebook is here

I thought this was the best I could do considering my other options and jumped at it and purchased the .lit version.

The strange part is that after purchasing it, the price immediately jumped up to $31.50 for the ebook on their site.

It still doesn't explain why the high price for this ebook but I'm happy that I was able to get it at a "reasonable" price.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #52
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It seems you were meant to have a copy. Congratulations!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote