Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #38371
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Yep
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #38372
poohbear_nc
Chicken McNightmare
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Sitting at work, waiting for everyone to leave so I can load a software update .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #38373
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
At least here there's a long night coming in a few days in which to catch up on sleep. Is Washington subject to Daylight Savings Time?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #38374
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I'm in Boulder! First time in 10 years!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #38375
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Trying to edit 20 hours of footage into a 10 minute video using incomprehensible software.
Yes, I 'could' use a different software package, like 'Elements' or 'GoPro Studio,' but then I wouldn't really be learning very much about the ins and outs of video editing, and that's as much my goal as the finished reminder of the weekend.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 AM   #38376
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Rumpelteazer, I can wear wrist watches, but I really don't like to. My solution was to buy a fairly large, very inexpensive watch (made in China, bought at Walmart) two years ago and turn it into a watch I can wear on my belt -- although I usually have it clipped to a belt loop on my jeans. It worked out well, but it had some "rough edges" to it. Still, it's perfectly functional, and I like not having it on my wrist. I'm ready to do it again, and I'm going to try for a nicer looking finish.

EDIT: The second photo doesn't show it, but after I slipped the key ring in and folded the end of the strap down I used a third zip tie to hold it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WristWatch.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	130329   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZipTied.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	130330   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeltWatch.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	130331  

Last edited by cromag; Today at 02:55 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #38377
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I desperately wanted an old fashion nurses watch when I was teaching skiing. You know, the kind you pin to your shirt (jacket) that look like they are upside down to anyone casually looking at you, and all you have to do is glance down and lift it with one hand. Obviously I didn't want to pull out my cell phone, and struggling with pulling up a jacket sleeve, possibly removing gloves to see your watch was time consuming and provided a good chance for loss of equipment. Timing for ski school classes was crucial
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #38378
badgoodDeb
Wizard
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1, K3, K4s, iPad, iPhone 5
They used to MAKE tiny watches on a belt clasp. I wore one for years, until my blue jeans stopped having belt loops. (Wearing more of the lycra kinds now, for comfort.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?