Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #316
ksng
ksng began at the beginning.

Device: stanza
Hi Valloric,
I have captured the error and posted on your tracker. This happens when I Indent my text in Sigil.

thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #317
M-A-X
M-A-X began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 4 NT
Problem with embedded fonts.

In a test epup I use three FreeSerif...ttf (regular, bold and italic). If I use <b>... </b> und <i>... </i> for bold and italic Sigil shows the text only in regular. But the Sony PRS-300 shows it correct, it means the bold and italic fonts are used, not the modifikations of regular.

http://c0f.de/down/_template_mit_freeserif.epub
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #318
cuthbert19
Enthusiast
cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-X View Post
Problem with embedded fonts.

In a test epup I use three FreeSerif...ttf (regular, bold and italic). If I use <b>... </b> und <i>... </i> for bold and italic Sigil shows the text only in regular. But the Sony PRS-300 shows it correct, it means the bold and italic fonts are used, not the modifikations of regular.

http://c0f.de/down/_template_mit_freeserif.epub
Use search, it's a problem with the QTWebKit library that Sigil uses for the rendering and it's been reported lots of times already. It's not in Valloric's power to fix the bug.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #319
M-A-X
M-A-X began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuthbert19 View Post
Use search, it's a problem with the QTWebKit library that Sigil uses for the rendering and it's been reported lots of times already. It's not in Valloric's power to fix the bug.
Thank you, Cuthbert, I've had problems to use the right search because my english ist rather poor.

Max
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #320
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I have a quick question, apologies if this has been asked already. I like to edit my .epub files in Sigil to incorporate the cover art directly into the file. However, I've noticed that any edit performed in sigil will remove the table of contents from retail-quality books, even something as simple as changing the author name.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is there a workaround?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #321
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I have a quick question, apologies if this has been asked already. I like to edit my .epub files in Sigil to incorporate the cover art directly into the file. However, I've noticed that any edit performed in sigil will remove the table of contents from retail-quality books, even something as simple as changing the author name.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is there a workaround?
This is a current enhancement request. There are some workarounds in the issue tracker, admittedly clunky.

G
Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #322
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This is an old, old thread. Its time has passed. People who want to post to this thread should almost certainly be creating a new one.

As such, I'm closing this. It's still a sticky since the first post contains useful links and such.

Like I said, if you wanted to say something here, create a new thread.
Closed Thread