Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
gragra
gragra began at the beginning.

Device: 505 sony ereader
Wink 505 arriving shortly

due in the next ten days from the usa to australia, so im studying up on the forums to gain some knowledge so i wont end up bieng to geeky when i do post.howdy to allthe aussies-gragra from sydney
gragra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
hello gragra and welcome , waiting is like watching ketchup come out of a bottle good choice on readers and make sure you take advantage of all the free books here on this site. ask all the questions you have and don't attack the mail person when they come to your door 10 days from now...Happy reading
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day gragra and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know how you like your Sony when it arrives
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
gragra

its bieng 24 hours and im still waiting!!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
gragra, I have a 505 and a 700. Although I really do like the 700, I find myself using my 505 a lot more. The screen is crisper to me. And, even though the page turn may be a bit slower, it is no biggie. I hope you really enjoy it. I really like it because of the formats available and it is really user friendly. I also like the Sony ebook store. Some of their books are a little more expensive, but some are a lot cheaper than at other places I think. I purchase enough there that it evens out to a reasonalbe price per book. And, although firmware updates are few and far between, you just click on it and down load it. You don't have to be computer savvy. I think you will really enjoy it.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi gragra!

Take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds, then let it out sloooooowly. Now do it again... That's right.
Relax and visualize the postal carrier walking up to your door, ringing the bell, and handing your your package. This is going to happen very soon. Just not soon enough.

So now is a very good time for you to begin assembling your collection of e-books to read. Download a copy of Calibre and download the Sony Library and install both. Then come back here and begin plundering the huge assortment of free e-books just waiting for you! Find all the new books and old classics that you've wanted to read, and bring them down into your computer. You should have enough time to download several hundred books before your reader arrives, so you can begin reading immediately!

About a day or two before you believe the Sony will arrive, divorce your spouse, kick the kids out of the house, sell the dog or cat, and phone out for an established daily delivery of meals so you won't have to waste time cooking, and you're good to go!

Enjoy your new lifestyle!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
I know exactly how you feel...lol. My 505 was supposed to be delivered the 17th by UPS. Of course they gave me the tracking number and I went online as soon as I received shipment conformation and checked it every 10 minutes or so thinking it would miraculously appear at my door. Suddenly on time delivery changed to status of "emergency beyond UPS' control". HUH....AHHHH!!! I just knew that UPS got in a wreck tossing my reader out the window only to be run over by another car. Needless to say it appeared on the 20th in so far perfect working order.....that was a close one! Now it's all I can do not to call into work sick the next couple days so I can sit home and nurse my new found illness!! Enjoy your reader!
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
One of the best things about the reader-is that sometimes people really can't tell what you're doing...I've had it on my desk..and most people tend to assume its some sort of agenda...and its great for long conference calls I don't really need to be on-I pull out the reader and I appear to be "engrossed" ...but really am just reading ! Enjoy your new reader !!!!
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
The most important question of course is what color is it?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #10
gragra

if all goes well and im sorry for the others- it will be BLUE-sorry and commiserations to the others,maybe at an outside chance it might get airsick and turn puice
Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #11
gragra

not today dammit-maybe tomorrow friday 24th!!(id love to have it for the weekend)
Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Damn, the wait's killing me and I already have one! Come on Sony, get it there!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #13
TDF
Enthusiast
TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TDF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Sony PRS-505 (mostly RIP)
Hehe, just got mine today (also blue). Loving it, although at first it felt rather weird having to press a button instead of turning the pages.
TDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #14
gragra

Shite folks its 5.00pm and it aint nowhere in site,looks like a long long weekend till monday damn damn damn!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #15
gragra

well thier goes another monday, hope im in a better frame of mind next monday!