Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
WTF. Cmon mods, stop being

some damn nazis. You didn't have to merge the threads of my Review Blog plug in the Writer's category and the READER'S RECOMMENDATION category post I made plugging THE ADVENTURES OF WHATLEY TUPPER by fellow forum member Rudy Kerkhoven.

If you got a problem with me just being on this forum, say so.

All the other posters post up their recommendations as separate threads, that's how each individual TITLE gets the readers' attention when we just browse the Reader's Recommendation section.

By you just going and merging the threads, nobody's gonna know about Rudy's book being recommended unless they click the link to my thread, which defeats the purpose of this section.

Hell, WTF is my plug for my blog doing in THIS SECTION ANYWAY? You mods gone and messed it up, LOL. It was originally in the Writer's Section where it's most appropriate.

Just because I'm a book reviewer, I assume you thought I was bought off or something to plug someone's book on your forum?
Did you not see the bitchslapping I gave to Nick Spalding?
I write 100% my thoughts and I think "Whatley Tupper" deserves its major push.

I posted a recommendation for his book in this section where it belongs as its own separate thread, which is what it needs to get the eye of the casual browser. Just like every other recommendation made in this section of the forum...

If you merged the threads together because it linked back to my blog for a full in depth review, then just edit the link out but keep the thread open! Some mods need to go to "Logic 101" school or something, cmon now.

So to the mods, would you please stop messing up the flow of your own forum and just put the threads back to what they were?

Last edited by jamesread; 09-17-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: cmon mods, stop being illogical
Old 09-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Okay, somebody now please merge this with some other thread somewhere else, just to see what happens.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
nazis? Does that mean they are little Nazis?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Maybe the lack of a capital N means they're really not all that committed to all the fascism and the goosestepping and the atrocities and they just handle these little cases like deporting a self-blog promo tie-in plug to reunite with the rest of its kind instead of stripping various things from it before sending it off to go camp with the other undesirables.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
jamesread
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Maybe the lack of a capital N means they're really not all that committed to all the fascism and the goosestepping and the atrocities and they just handle these little cases like deporting a self-blog promo tie-in plug to reunite with the rest of its kind instead of stripping various things from it before sending it off to go camp with the other undesirables.
Lol, 20 bucks say STDrake is actually a Glenn Beck fan. Or Ann Coulter.

Last edited by jamesread; 09-17-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
jamesread
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Okay, somebody now please merge this with some other thread somewhere else, just to see what happens.
Lol, that would actually be pretty funny. I'm curious what they would look like come to think about it.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesread View Post
Lol, 20 bucks say STDrake is actually a Glenn Beck fan. Or Ann Coulter.
Wrong. I'm a Canadian and outside of maybe the venereal-disease-riddled evil twin you have just created for me in Alberta, we don't like either of those persons, or any of those other "pundits" with no sense of actual political perspective, much less historical proportion.

Now pay up my 20 bucks*.

* Why, oh, why, do we have no :gimmee baksheesh: smiley?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
jamesread
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Wrong. I'm a Canadian and outside of maybe the venereal-disease-riddled evil twin you have just created for me in Alberta, we don't like either of those persons, or any of those other "pundits" with no sense of actual political perspective, much less historical proportion.

Now pay up my 20 bucks*.

* Why, oh, why, do we have no :gimmee baksheesh: smiley?
LOL. Eh? Why so hostile, STDrake? You do know if you bust a blood vessel and have a heart attack, it would only make me laugh, right? Just sayin... LOL
Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
jamesread
Banned

Just curious, has anyone actually read any books by Glenn Beck or Ann Coulter?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
**sigh** I really do not want to have to put my moderator hat on, but when a report comes in (especially multiple reports) a post and or poster must be reviewed.

This thread will be locked to additional comments while it is under review and discussion concerning the OP's comments, questions, and the reported post concerns.

jamesread, you have already been in communication with a moderator regarding your questions and concerns. Additional comments and concerns should be continued in a PM with that moderator (all of which is discussed in the moderation forum) and not in open forum.

MR is not a book purchasing site. MR is a privately owned forum whose owner has graciously allowed free advertising of self-promoted blogs and ebooks to authors and publishers who become active participating members of MR. A specific forum was created for just self-promotion and many members appreciate being able to interact with author / publisher members.

moderation team
Old 09-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dear jamesread:

While MobileRead appreciates your patronage, you are bound to follow the Posting Guidelines. We are a family-oriented site, and we are world-wide in our coverage. The language you are using is simply not acceptable for a family-safe site.

It is a privilege to post an announcement concerning your blog, and is not merely a right that you have. As such, we would like you to tone down your rhetoric or face the consequences that are detailed in our Posting Guidelines.

Any reviews that you wish to contribute must go in the Thread that you started. If this is unacceptable to you, then I suggest you not post at all.

The Self-Promotion forum has additional guidelines for posting in that area. Please take the time to review them for additional information.

Thank you for your consideration.

MobileRead Moderation Team

Tags
cmon mods, stop being nazis