Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Using iPhone, which output profile?

Hi,

I'm using eReader, Stanza, and Kindle apps in my iPhone for reading ebooks.

Just wonder which Output Profile should I choose in order to have the most optimized display for my iPhone. There is no "iPhone" output profile option.

Thanks
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I asked this question a while ago and was told it made little difference.

The reason given was that in Stanza on the iPhone font sizes are variable and under user control so there is no concept of a fixed page size. Instead what is important is having re-flowable text. Pictures should be automatically re-sized to fit the screen.

I have my Calibre set up for a Sony PRS-505 and that seems to work equally well for iPhone Stanza.

Last edited by itimpi; 10-22-2009 at 03:07 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
itimpi...thanks a lot.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote