Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
E-book Reader Matrix reformated on the wiki

With all of the new interest in 5" and 9.7" devices the E-book Reader Matrix table was getting way too wide. I have rebuilt the page into 3 tables, a 5", a 6", and a large device table. I think I got it converted correctly but please check it and fix any errors you find.

I love the new forum feature of just enclosing wiki references in the special code for wiki as I have done above. (Check for the new icon when posting)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Great job!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nice. I understood it at a glance, which is what should happen. Thanks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
You forgot to put in "the blue and red Sony's are of inferior quality and suggest all kinds of things about ones lifestyle choices"
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is really great dale, much better than before. you're right, it was getting too big. this is much easier to understand. thank you !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Any chance of shading on Vaporware columns?

Its great to know what's coming, but knowing for sure what's actually available right now would seem the most important use of the page for those of us trying to decide which to buy.

But great improvement in readability (I'm willing to scroll north/south for days, but HATE to scroll east/west on a webpage).

Last edited by pking36330; 06-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are a couple of things left out. Most importantly is the display controller. The second thing is the boot time for the 505 and 700. They can be shut down and thus need to be booted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are a couple of things left out. Most importantly is the display controller. The second thing is the boot time for the 505 and 700. They can be shut down and thus need to be booted.
For this effort I just rearranged the items. There were no new rows nor did I remove any. It is certainly possible to add rows. Actually all of the devices can be shut down if needed. We just need the data. It isn't in the specs that I am aware of. Fill it in if you know it.

Dale
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
It looks much better.

Perhaps you could also include
Astak EZreader - 6 inch device based on Hanlin. It is alreaddy being sold
and
Estak EZreader Pocket Pro - 5 inch device based on Hanlin - not being sold at the moment, Astak has first "prototypes" for testing of firmware and teasing Mobilereader members ;-)

EDIT:
Can *I* add those entries?

Last edited by kacir; 06-17-2009 at 02:45 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
It looks much better.

Perhaps you could also include
Astak EZreader - 6 inch device based on Hanlin. It is alreaddy being sold
and
Estak EZreader Pocket Pro - 5 inch device based on Hanlin - not being sold at the moment, Astak has first "prototypes" for testing of firmware and teasing Mobilereader members ;-)

EDIT:
Can *I* add those entries?
Anyone can add to the wiki but adding another identical device with a different name is really not productive. We may need to come up with a way to show the same devices and list all the names. both the ezreaders you mentioned are in the wiki based on the Hanlin version and they are identical. If you look an the Hanlin V3 you will find many different versions. Can you imagine how a table would look with all entries identical except the name of the product for:
* Walkbook - The Walkbook site has some Wolf eBooks for download.
* lBook eReader - Ukraine version LBook with special firmware.
* papyre - Spanish dealer of Jinke Hanlin V3 under their own name papyre.
* Iscriptum - European source for lBook.
* Apollo Hanlin V3 - Spanish Dealer
* UK distributer using the Hanlin name.
* Pixelar another UK distributor.
* BEBOOK by the Dutch company "Endless Ideas". The have PDF files formatted for a 6" screen at the Bebook site.
* EZ READER from Astak. See also EZ Reader.
* Bulgarian distributor of lBook eReader.
* Polish distributor of BeBook Reader
* Austrian Dealer
* Pixelar_E-Reader - An UK version.
* KOLIBRI V3 - Slovene version - web site in English, Deutsch, Slovenščina, and Hrvatski
* Cyberport Germany - German Version - web site in German, English
* www.jinke.cz - Czech version - web site in Czech, set up by Czech internet seller accomp
* koobe - Hungarian version - web site in Hungarian

(This was lifted from the wiki page for the Hanlin V3.)

Dale
Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Dale, I am still shopping and tend to look at the matrix once a week or so. I have to say that this update of yours is spectacular. It makes it easier to browse and not scrolling sideways is great.

I haven't got much to offer but you deserve some Karma for this. Take what I can give along with my thanks. Great work. So many hard working people around here. Makes this one of the best forums I have ever participated in. All because of people like you Dale. Cheers!
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Anyone can add to the wiki but adding another identical device with a different name is really not productive. We may need to come up with a way to show the same devices and list all the names. both the ezreaders you mentioned are in the wiki based on the Hanlin version and they are identical. If you look an the Hanlin V3 you will find many different versions. Can you imagine how a table would look with all entries identical except the name of the product for:
* Walkbook - The Walkbook site has some Wolf eBooks for download.
* lBook eReader - Ukraine version LBook with special firmware.
* papyre - Spanish dealer of Jinke Hanlin V3 under their own name papyre.
* Iscriptum - European source for lBook.
* Apollo Hanlin V3 - Spanish Dealer
* UK distributer using the Hanlin name.
* Pixelar another UK distributor.
* BEBOOK by the Dutch company "Endless Ideas". The have PDF files formatted for a 6" screen at the Bebook site.
* EZ READER from Astak. See also EZ Reader.
* Bulgarian distributor of lBook eReader.
* Polish distributor of BeBook Reader
* Austrian Dealer
* Pixelar_E-Reader - An UK version.
* KOLIBRI V3 - Slovene version - web site in English, Deutsch, Slovenščina, and Hrvatski
* Cyberport Germany - German Version - web site in German, English
* www.jinke.cz - Czech version - web site in Czech, set up by Czech internet seller accomp
* koobe - Hungarian version - web site in Hungarian

(This was lifted from the wiki page for the Hanlin V3.)

Dale
I see.
Some of the entries above were done by me I have just completely forgotten that.
Perhaps we could do a link in the Matrix, and label the "model" row with "model and distributors" or "model info, Dealers and OEMs" or something like that.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I see.
Some of the entries above were done by me I have just completely forgotten that.
Perhaps we could do a link in the Matrix, and label the "model" row with "model and distributors" or "model info, Dealers and OEMs" or something like that.
We do have a short list of popular names at the bottom of the table but let me think about this and see if there is a reasonable solution. I know people can't find a product if the name changes. It is often than people can't find the Hanlin forum because it is not titled BeBook.

Dale
Old 06-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Either the kindle 1/2 entry is misleading or I don't know the kindle very well because from what i read in the matrix it sounds like the kindle has touchscreen
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Either the kindle 1/2 entry is misleading or I don't know the kindle very well because from what i read in the matrix it sounds like the kindle has touchscreen
Yes, I can see the confusion. Whoever built the Kindle column said the joystick motion was a substitute for the touch screen but clearly that was not clear. I will move this to another place. The Kindle 1 is not covered as it is no longer being sold. There is a wiki page on that product but it is no longer in the matrix.

Dale