Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
saugustine
saugustine began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Totally Novice Question - Where are the Conversion Outputs?

Ok, stupid question, but I cannot find the conversion output files on my computer. I am converting from ePub to mobi. The log says the following:
MOBI output written to c:\users\steve\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.8.23_t mp_wfw81r\d1gr5y.mobi

There is nothing there but the log and some other files. I am missing something obvious here although it is not obvious to me.

I need some basic operational help with the software.

Steve
saugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The converted output files are written to the same folder in the calibre library as the input ones.

Most of the time you do not need to know where Calibre has stored the files. If you want to export files out of the Calibre library you can use the Calibre 'save to disk' feature which allows you to specify the location (and formats) you want the ebooks to be saved to.

You can also get calibre to send books to your eReader device using it's Send to Device feature. Again there is no need to worry about the location in the Calibre library used to store any particular file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by saugustine View Post
Ok, stupid question, but I cannot find the conversion output files on my computer. I am converting from ePub to mobi. The log says the following:
MOBI output written to c:\users\steve\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.8.23_t mp_wfw81r\d1gr5y.mobi

There is nothing there but the log and some other files. I am missing something obvious here although it is not obvious to me.

I need some basic operational help with the software.

Steve
to MR and Calibre

Calibre keeps track of all the messy details , like where it is keeping your books. Just sit back and be served.

Think like a fancy restaurant. You would not go into the Kitchen for your meal

My name is "theducks", I will be you waitperson tonite.
Our master chef, Kovid has prepared your Mobi to order and it will be delivered shortly after the EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
saugustine
saugustine began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
OK, it was a dumb thing. I didn't notice in the panel to the right under the book cover, the "format" line and there is a link to where the converted books reside. It did a great job on the mobi conversion. Now I just need my proofreaders to finish and I can get this published to Barnes & Noble, Apple and Amazon bookstores.
saugustine is offline   Reply With Quote