Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
matopping
matopping began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505/Cybook gen3
Unhappy Hello from confused

Hi, all just bought a cybook gen3 for my wife who is visually impaired. We also tried the Sony reader but the print would not enlarge enough.

The Cybook is great, but I cant buy the books I want. All the books seem to be in the epub format. When I Try to buy in the USA for use in the UK. No sale!! the suppliers are not allowed to sell in the UK.

Now have I bought a pup??? Or (as I am sure you out there will let Know) is there a way to covert from epub to mobipocket.

Sorry to be long winded but I am a newbie to forums.
matopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You can proceed one of two ways with your problem.

1. You can buy epub (assuming it does not have DRM) and convert it to mobipocket format using a program called Calibre. There is a specific sub-forum here for this software. If the epub has DRM then it would be best to stay away from it.

2. If you are purchasing from Fictionwise, you can set your profile to say you reside in the US. It will then allow you to purchase and download books. I am not sure about the policies from other online stores. If you are looking at a particular store, let us know and other will be able to help you.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi matopping and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and check out all the free books here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
matopping
matopping began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505/Cybook gen3
Thanks for the help from members.
matopping is offline   Reply With Quote