Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #76
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
1) Shows how easy it is to add books to a bookshelf, just select the books you want
2) Shows the keyboard, numbers are there, no need to change keyboards
3) Shows the bookshelves
4) Shows one bookshelf

S
Much nicer, IMHO, than Amazon's approach! And I've been a Kindle owner since the Kindle Keyboard (which is still my fave Kindle, even though I'm currently reading on the KPW).

Can you turn off the Italics in the bookshelf list view?

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #77
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Where does one get/download the KoboTouch plugin for Calibre?
It comes with Calibre as standard. Look in the Device interface plugins list, and select customise plugin.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #78
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:

Can you post pictures of the page #/reading progress as displaying in a sideloaded epub?

I haven't actually read any of my side loaded books, so I don't know if they will update the approximate remaining time like they do for kepubs.

S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_161223.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	581.5 KB
ID:	104740   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_161311.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	444.8 KB
ID:	104741  
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #79
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
More pics?

Heck yes, without Calibre, my Kindles would be far less useful. I use a similar means to put the series info on my kindle books. And my Sony books. So knowing this can be done with Kobo is fantastic. Ya'll are making me want the Aura.
I ordered the Aura HD last Thursday, but still no shipping info yet

And I LOVE Calibre! I'm always amazed at the # of folks who just directly manage via Amazon and don't do any touchup (or backup) offline! But to each his/her own...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #80
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Can you turn off the Italics in the bookshelf list view?

I don't think so, I see no way how.

S
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #81
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
It comes with Calibre as standard. Look in the Device interface plugins list, and select customise plugin.
Super, thanks GeoffR! Will do that as soon as my Aura HD arrives.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #82
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
I haven't actually read any of my side loaded books, so I don't know if they will update the approximate remaining time like they do for kepubs.

S
awesome, thanks MM! Does the percent complete only show on the cover page, or does it continue page to page, like on the KPW?

One of the things I miss the most from the Kindle Keyboard was the progress bar that would show up at the bottom of the page, and had tick marks to indicate chapters, so that you had a visual representation of how far to the next chapter...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #83
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
I don't think so, I see no way how.

S
Ok, thanks. I figured that was case.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #84
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Mostly Math, thank you for all the great pics. Good to see you are having fun with your new toy
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #85
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
awesome, thanks MM! Does the percent complete only show on the cover page, or does it continue page to page, like on the KPW?

One of the things I miss the most from the Kindle Keyboard was the progress bar that would show up at the bottom of the page, and had tick marks to indicate chapters, so that you had a visual representation of how far to the next chapter...
% only on cover page.

S
Old 04-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #86
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
BUY ONE!!!

Here are 5 pics of a shelf once I plugged my KOBO back in and had the metadata updated.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This is probably one of the most CRITICAL aspect for me on buying a new e-reader. I read a ton of series and the only way I have been able to keep them organized on my Kindle is through the use of Calibre and more importantly, the Kindle Collections plug-in. Without this, I would have to look up the next book in the series.

By having some way to organize my content, specifically my series, this gives my hope beyond belief. I won't buy any device that doesn't organize based on the metadata which Calibre does a terrific job of keeping together.

MostlyMath - thank you for the pics. I think I am going to have to hit the submit button on the new AURA, it looks divine and now that I see it can handle organizing content, this gives me more of a reason. Anymore pics you can add will be greatly appreciated.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #87
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Thankyou . .. am as green as a Pea!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #88
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: the % read. On the Glo (fw 2.5) you can see % read in the left corner of the bottom status bar if you tap the centre of the screen whilst in a sideloaded epub. Does this not also work on the Aura?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Re: the % read. On the Glo (fw 2.5) you can see % read in the left corner of the bottom status bar if you tap the centre of the screen whilst in a sideloaded epub. Does this not also work on the Aura?
ooo, yes it does for both kepubs and side loaded epubs

S
Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #90
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Now run to the bottom of the garden shouting - I have my Aura
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote