Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
omk
omk is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Viewing screenshots through image viewer

Anybody know where to change the screenshot destination path ? For now, I just hacked /etc/crontab/root to periodically move the screenshot files to my /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots subfolder where the viewer can find them. Don't mind the 1 minute lag, but of course less things running is always better...

Code:
*/1 * * * * /bin/mv /mnt/us/documents/screen_shot-*.gif /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots/

Thanks,
Martin
omk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk View Post
Anybody know where to change the screenshot destination path ? For now, I just hacked /etc/crontab/root to periodically move the screenshot files to my /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots subfolder where the viewer can find them. Don't mind the 1 minute lag, but of course less things running is always better...

Code:
*/1 * * * * /bin/mv /mnt/us/documents/screen_shot-*.gif /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots/

Thanks,
Martin
This isn't really a solution, but it's better than your work-around. If you have Launchpad, you can set a hotkey to run "/bin/mv /mnt/us/documents/screen_shot-*.gif". That way, you can click it right after taking a screenshot. No unnecessary CPU usage when you're not taking a screenshot, and on the average, less wait time for each screenshot to get transferred.

3 Keycombos is kind of a pain though:
Alt+G (take screenshot)
Shift+G (move screenshot, you can make this whatever you want)
Alt+Z (refresh screensaver folder)

You may be able to combine these into one launchpad command, but I'm not exactly sure how.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert