Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #61
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It works:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...or-prime-time/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #62
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
"But I’m not sure it is worth doing just yet. My T2 is surprisingly unstable."; "If you have the T2, I would recommend waiting for a more stable version of the hack. ": what do you think about this article? http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UHqSkHb7s5Z
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #63
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
"But I’m not sure it is worth doing just yet. My T2 is surprisingly unstable."; "If you have the T2, I would recommend waiting for a more stable version of the hack. ": what do you think about this article? http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UHqSkHb7s5Z
ive had it on my reader for a few days now, read half a book, no crashing or battery issue. using the stock reader and browser though, i tried using fbreader, but it does a full refresh every page turn, which was annoying and i went back to the stock reader. i played in zen launcher as well as some of the other apps, found some quirky things that will hopefully get resolved, but no stability issues yet.
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #64
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac View Post
ive had it on my reader for a few days now, read half a book, no crashing or battery issue. using the stock reader and browser though, i tried using fbreader, but it does a full refresh every page turn, which was annoying and i went back to the stock reader. i played in zen launcher as well as some of the other apps, found some quirky things that will hopefully get resolved, but no stability issues yet.
HI Zorac,
ok no batteries issue, but did you notice if the consumption is increased? For instance the battery lose more fast the first tick etc. I mean with the new battery probably the user could use android for 15 days before of a charge.
I cannot find data about how it last a rooted T2 with an average android use.
I imagine you are using more than the average as you are installing sw testing functionalities in these days etc.
thank you
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #65
Zorac

no idea to be honest. it was fully charged when i rooted and ive read a full book and a bit since and the battery is still full. im still just using the stock reader though andno 3rd party apps or tablet type use.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #66
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Anyone tried installing Google's framework and apps yet? I use Google Reader a lot for RSS feeds, and really curious about how that works. Because my phone has AMOLED, the white background burns through battery life, and while I have hacked it to invert GR's colors for white text black background, I'm still thinking eInk would be best.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #67
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
no idea to be honest. it was fully charged when i rooted and ive read a full book and a bit since and the battery is still full. im still just using the stock reader though andno 3rd party apps or tablet type use.
Ok thank you Zorac, looks great.
there is anyway some space for misunderstanding
but what you mean for stock reader? the inbuilt reader or the stock reader for the equities, that means you are reading the book and then you check your stocks during the day? in the second case do not need to see if you do not short as the market will go down
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #68
Zorac

lol, i try not to look at my stocks/the market anymore, too depressing.

i meant the stock reader for books. im not using fbreader/alreader/coolreader/etc. the sony oneis pretty good and all the 3rd party ones do sreen refreshes for every page flip which is annoying.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #69
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
lol, i try not to look at my stocks/the market anymore, too depressing.

i meant the stock reader for books. im not using fbreader/alreader/coolreader/etc. the sony oneis pretty good and all the 3rd party ones do sreen refreshes for every page flip which is annoying.
ahah
the sony inbuilt reader is super good it remember me really my idea of precision and quality associated to Sony.

Pity for the sony equity instead, after 2008 really plummeted down.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #70
dreamist
dreamist began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Really need some help here. I have a Safari Books Online subscription, and its reader app, Safari To Go, needs Android 2.2 or newer.

I want to read Safari books on an e-ink device, and my only option that might fit is Sony PRS-T2, as it's the only one that has exactly that version of Android.

Can anyone with a rooted PRS-T2 help me test if you can install and run Safari To Go?

There's a link to .apk here:
http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/20...-fire-or-nook/

Or to the official Google Play here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aribooksonline

I'm not sure which one will work, but if it works, PRS-T2 is gonna be a serious contender in my book.

Thanks in advance for your help!
dreamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #71
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Is there a possibility to unroot the T2 EU Version?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #72
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Is there a possibility to unroot the T2 EU Version?
HI ,
there is any guide to root the t2?
I mean yes I am aware you did it, but how to unroot the T2? I have a lot of documentation for T1, but not for T2, somebody can reply maybe it is like to root a T1, but sorry the main reason why I am not rooting is because without a step guide I would not dare to brick the device. I understand that there is not too much interest on this subject, but still I am afraid to follow step by step a T1 guide, because the name of the update, the files etc are different and if I could minimize the risk to destroy the t2 would be great
Old 10-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #73
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
HI ,
there is any guide to root the t2?
I mean yes I am aware you did it, but how to unroot the T2? I have a lot of documentation for T1, but not for T2, somebody can reply maybe it is like to root a T1, but sorry the main reason why I am not rooting is because without a step guide I would not dare to brick the device. I understand that there is not too much interest on this subject, but still I am afraid to follow step by step a T1 guide, because the name of the update, the files etc are different and if I could minimize the risk to destroy the t2 would be great
It's very similar to root the T2. You can do it in a very easy way following this thread
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=25407&start=0
Translating it with google translate.
I've done it without any kind of problems.
I think there is interest enought, but as the procedure is very similar to T1 root, no one has decided rewrite it for T2.
Don't afraid.
My device:

Last edited by Shark69; 10-28-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #74
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
It's very similar to root the T2. You can do it in a very easy way following this thread
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=25407&start=0
Translating it with google translate.
I've done it without any kind of problems.
I think there is interest enought, but as the procedure is very similar to T1 root, no one has decided rewrite it for T2.
Don't afraid.
My device:
HERMOSO
I am drooling mate!
ehy can I ask you two little questions about rooting t2?

1) once rooted if I do not use the root but I continue to read normally, will the battery performance drop down a lot?
2)which the fastest way to download a page from internet directly in the library? there is maybe kinda script, or efficient procedure?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #75
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
AFAIK, sending web pages to evernote should work (I don't have a PRS T2)
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote