Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
ceasar.sampaio
ceasar.sampaio began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital book readers prs-t1
Post Changing language from japanese

Hi,

I recently got a sony digital book reader that is in japanese. the option for changing language is unavailable or i just cnt find it. i have tried using google translate to no avail, any help will be appreciated.
ceasar.sampaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Go to the main screen .. page 2 tap settings.. then General Settings.. there is an option that allows you to set the menu language, region, country preference etc....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just realized if it is in japanese you might have some problems navigating so here goes
the Settings Button is the bottom left button on main screen page 2
The general setting is the first choice on the next screen
The menu language setting is the 2nd choice on the next screen
The first choice on the next screen is the English setting

Hope this makes it clearer....
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
ceasar.sampaio
ceasar.sampaio began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital book readers prs-t1
i thinks the rom is japanese n thats y there is no option for languape. After selecting general settings, there are only 2 options n none of them are language...
ceasar.sampaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm

Ahhhh ok there may be a way to update the firmware to the english/general version maybe someone else can help.... you could try PC reader to update/overwrite....good luck
Advert