Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Johnny Cakes
Johnny Cakes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
How to Print Highlights?

I use the Sony PRS-700 for reading transcripts. I digest the transcript by highlighting a few words from each page.

Is it possible to print out the highlighted text with page numbers?
Johnny Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I don't see how, but then I haven't read the manual all the way through yet.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If it is not DRM'd then you can open the text on the computer using the Ebook library software (or anything else), and copy and paste it into a document.

I've done this successfully. But I don't have a 700, so I don't know whether the highlighting would be preserved in the document.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Johnny Cakes
Johnny Cakes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I can't figure out where the highlighting is preserved.

My thought was to be able to highlight text for study purposes and then just print out the highlighted sections, preferably with page numbers as to where the highlighted section came from.

Is this impossible?
Johnny Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
This may be one area where the Kindle has an advantage over the Sony 700. On the Kindle, all highlighted text is copied into a "side file" which is a plain text file. You can then transfer the file to your PC over the USB connection. I use this technique to snap out quotes to go into reviews.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cakes View Post
I can't figure out where the highlighting is preserved.

My thought was to be able to highlight text for study purposes and then just print out the highlighted sections, preferably with page numbers as to where the highlighted section came from.

Is this impossible?
An interesting point. The bookmarks and notes are stored in a
non-user friendly xml file. Its buried deep but I don't see why this
can't be a future Firmware ROM upgrade to include txt files for
later viewing/printing. I can plainly see how easy it is to accumulate
lots of notes.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote