Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
roquet
Enthusiast
roquet began at the beginning.

Device: iriver X20, Bookeen Cybook
txt files have lots of spaces

Viewing a txt file on my cybook lots of the lines don't go all the way across the page, giving a messy layout. It's not doing "wrap text" (if that's the right term) like it does in Notebook on my pc. Is there any way to make them display properly?
roquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I use the free app Interparse to fix that problem. It seems very hard to find now, though.

P.S. Aha, link in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27516

Last edited by wayrad; 10-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
roquet
Enthusiast

it's a shame cybook can't display txt correctly. Reading txt was one of its main selling points for me.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roquet View Post
it's a shame cybook can't display txt correctly. Reading txt was one of its main selling points for me.
I probably shouldn't say anything because I know nothing about the Cybook, but the uneven line length thing is usually a problem in the source file. If that's it, it will also go funny when you change the window width in Notepad.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
roquet
Enthusiast

you're right, it does!

Where can I get Interparse? Their website doesn't exist anymore.
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
You could use Mobipocket Creator to make a prc from your txt...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
roquet
Enthusiast

anyone know a linux program for cleaning up txt files? I tried Mobipocket Creator 4.2 in Wine and it installs ok but can't do anything with it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
wayrad
Fanatic

Quote:
you're right, it does!

Where can I get Interparse? Their website doesn't exist anymore.
I edited a link into my earlier post. Check the next-to-the-last post in the linked-to thread.

I think Extended Options/Remove CRLF Before Orphan Line is what usually works for me.

Last edited by wayrad; 10-10-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #9
savignien
savignien began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Quote:
anyone know a linux program for cleaning up txt files? I tried Mobipocket Creator 4.2 in Wine and it installs ok but can't do anything with it.
Nearly all linux editors support "regular expressions" that are a powerful mean to clean up files. OpenOffice can also do it (there is a "regular expression" checkbox in the Find/Replace window).
The problem is to craft the right regular expression... fortunately the online help of openoffice contains a list of regular expressions that can help you. See also the manual of the grep command for a more complete reference (man grep in a console).

Other editors include vi (available on every linux box, but not graphical), gvim (graphical version of vi), sed (stream editor), and many others...

Examples in vi :
:%g/^$/d
to delete empty lines
:%s/ */ /
to replace one or more space by one space

Hope this helps,
savi.
savignien is offline   Reply With Quote