Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
spn77
spn77 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Angry New World, Same Old Story.

I just signed up, am waiting on the arrival of my Sony 505 and am already ticked about DRM! I read the post about the german business guy trying to justify selling digital books for the same price. Less for more. The American way!
spn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
There are ways around DRM depending on how comfortable you are removing it from certain formats. In some instances I don't mind DRM if the books are free (library or free Sony). While waiting for you new shiny 505 (what color?) make sure you check our library of free classics formatted specifically for you Sony. Just go to the blue bar at the top of the page and you will find the Ebooks. Look for .lrf files.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by spn77 View Post
I just signed up, am waiting on the arrival of my Sony 505 and am already ticked about DRM! I read the post about the german business guy trying to justify selling digital books for the same price. Less for more. The American way!
Even American publishers are trying to figure out how to make a big profit off of ebooks. It's not just some "german business guy" ... so I would drop that thought like a hot potato.

If Amazon or Sony can find some way to charge the same for ebooks as publishers usually get for pbooks, you can bet your ass they will. And, there will be plenty of DRM involved.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello spn77
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi spn77 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert