Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
eLDiaNo
eLDiaNo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Books added by Calibre

Hey I posted this on another thread but I don't know if it's calibre problem or a kindle fire hd problem, when I add books in mobi or epub or awz3 format, when ever I try to read or add a bookmark to them they crash back to carousel, it's becoming aggravating to read books and opening them back on a few pages or chapters behind. Any help would be great, thanks!
eLDiaNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Merlinium
Merlinium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
I am experiencing the same thing. I am currently trying various options for the mobi conversion trying to locate what is causing this specifically.
Merlinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
eLDiaNo

I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this issue, I tried converting the books using Kindle Previewer thinking it was official and still no luck. Maybe the Fire HD is like rigged to prevent books like this. I even contacted amazon support about this and they gave me links to purchase their books with no help what so ever. It's trickery, the fire hd with ads? and like a million buttons to purchase items?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Merlinium
Merlinium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
well so far the only thing that is working is the old style mobi which crashes the unit back to the carousel on occasions. I have found though to stay away from touching the center of the book while I am reading it to prevent it from crashing to often, and to use the shut down button when I want to change to a different book or program, it saves the last read spot then.
All the other settings I have used not only crashes the book, but removes it from the interface altogether, I then have to use the usb to remove the book and add it back again.
Merlinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Generally speaking, amazon's support for their newer MOBI format is full of bugs. Ironic, since it's their proprietary format. If I were you, I'd stick with the old MOBI format for the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
eLDiaNo

I want to thank you so much, I got the new version of calibre and went to preferences to edit the mobi output conversion format, and saw your warning regarding the mobi, and converted to awz3, which not only lets me share my favorite quote's on fb, but it works and they are under the books directory, thank you, thank you, thank you!