Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #121
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboards View Post
Thanks! Y'all have convinced me to get one, so I ordered one (in blue) from Skindigital. (Hoping it may get here to US/Calif. more quickly than the one from HongKong; although it wasn't clear where Skindigital ships from) Thanks to all 3 of you who posted about this cover!
mine shipped from hong kong, though i ordered directly from skindigital. on ebay, it also ships from hong kong. i don't think there is a local source in the u.s.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #122
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
mine shipped from hong kong, though i ordered directly from skindigital. on ebay, it also ships from hong kong. i don't think there is a local source in the u.s.
Okay, that's good to know ahead of time; I'd wondered which source you'd ordered from. At least we know it's reliable from either source, and the same product. Thanks for the info!
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #123
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Got my Frieq bubble case last week. Perfect for my needs, which is just something to protect my Aura Hd when in a knapsack or hand carrying. Good price for a little peace of mind.
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #124
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
The best (and probably only) universal Kobo case.

Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #125
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada View Post
LOL..
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #126
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekspertise View Post
I purchased a leather(ish) sleep cover from a Chinese distributor via eBay for less than $14 with free shipping. It is designed specifically for the Aura and it works perfectly.

Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390603509636...84.m1497.l2649

It also has a pen holder and a front pocket. Cheap, brilliant, fits perfectly, built for the Aura HD, and shipped quickly from Hong Kong. I couldn't ask for more. It also comes in other colors for those of you who aren't still going through your Purple Rain phase.
I received mine this past week, and I love it! Can't believe how soft and light(weight) it is! Got mine from skindigital, for $13.99 US (incl shipping, w/ no tax). Got the blue one (faux leather). Thanks to everyone who posted about this cover (from both sources, ebay & skindigital). Very happy with it
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #127
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I ought to have included this in my first post, but here it is nine pages later:

[Image exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

My ongoing solution to the official sleep case's being sold out is a grain leather M-Edge envelope-style case which was designed for the Kindle 2. About two years ago, it was drastically reduced to something like eight bucks.

Even though more fully featured cases for the Aura are available, I haven't found any made of materials as nice or in a color that complements the espresso Aura's so well. It's a bit brighter in the photo than in real life.

The Aura doesn't slide at all and fits just under the lowest part of the U-shaped dip at the top of the case. The designer intended for the center top part of the Kindle to be exposed for the fingers to tug, but the Aura fits just out of sight, which I prefer for protection's sake. Tightened a tad, the belt strip still touches the top of the Aura and helps to secure it.

So to sum: The case protects the Aura more reliably than it did the device for which it was designed. It's also just snug enough, which means the Aura's kept in place without undue pressure. Additionally, the cinereal suede interior's unlikely to stain the screen.

Note the similarity of the blue to the dumpster's two posts up!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #128
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
Is there anyone that makes a skin that would approximate the feel of the Kobo Glo back, for the Aura HD? My perfect solution is something like the neoprene skin or a cheaper sleep cover, but something i could stick on the back of the aura HD so when I pull it out, it's nice to hold

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-05-2013 at 07:12 AM.
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #129
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchitect View Post
Is there anyone that makes a skin that would approximate the feel of the Kobo Glo back, for the Aura HD? My perfect solution is something like the neoprene skin or a cheaper sleep cover, but something i could stick on the back of the aura HD so when I pull it out, it's nice to hold
I have no idea what Skinomi skins feel like but have read a few favorable reviews. If it's anything like an Invisible Shield, the surface will have more a lot more grip than yours does currently:

Clear Skin and Screen Protector by Skinomi (shown below)

Here's the one in brown. Select the photos to the side of the main one on the product page and you'll get a sense of the possible texture from the shot of the woodgrain skin being applied. Notice the diamond pattern.

If you want more customer feedback on the quality and idiosyncrasies of the skins, search for Skinomi wood grain and clear skins on more mainstream iDevices and you'll find a lot more reviews.

Here's MR member FatDog talking about the same sort of carbon fiber skin that Skinomi makes for the Aura:

Quote:
I put one of the Skintomi carbon-fiber on my Viewsonic tablet and it works great. The texture is now better to hold in the hand and the ridges give it a real rugged look.

[Image deleted - MODERAT0R]

There's also this, which always adds a bit of texture to smoother surfaces:

Decal Girl Skins for the Aura HD

I'll be picking up both over the next few days.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-08-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #130
JesseTheK
JesseTheK began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4 + KyBook3, Macbook Pro & Calibre
I clearly arrived at the perfect moment on this thread.

My Kobo Aura HD (arrived yesterday) is staying in the house, so I'm looking for something to make it easier to hold. Having admired Kobo Minis and Glos, I assumed the back of my HD would have that slightly grippy, not-so-slippy texture.

Sadly no. But now I know what to try -- thank you so much forum members for doing all my research for me. I hope I can return the favor one day.
JesseTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #131
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
Got my Kobo Aura HD today - I don't mind the back as much as I thought I would! I'd much prefer to try out the skins before buying them - anyone know if they're sold at any retail stores?

Beyond that - do any of the Moleskin products work with the Kobo Aura? They always had the nicest feeling, to my hands...
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #132
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
I got my Aura about a month ago now. Luckily the Kobo sleeve that I had purchased for my Touch a few years ago just fits the Aura so I didn't have to replace it.

Decalgirl now has skins in stock for the Aura so I'm planning on ordering one shortly as I find that bare Aura a little slippery and a bit of a finger-print magnet. I had a gelaskin on my Touch but they don't plan on making them for the Aura. Once I get my skin I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #133
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I ended up buying the all-purpose ereader one from CaseLogic, and I'm very happy with it. It's a snug fit, and I have to unloop one of the ends and slide the Aura over a smidge when I plug it into my PC, but those are minor.

I especially love the built-in "kickstand" for it. Makes reading at the dinner table much easier. =P

It is a little bit bulky, but also nothing I haven't been able to work around. And it definitely provides protection for my Aura, which is the main reason I wanted a hardbacked case in the first place; when I go out of the apartment, my Kobo comes with me in my bag every time.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #134
fionvarre
fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.fionvarre knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Pocketbook 360, Nook Simple Touch
I'd bought a Neoskin Kindle Fire cover off Amazon because I'd wanted to use if with my Kindle Keyboard, but ended up using it with my new Aura instead. The fit is great, though you can tell that the Aura's a bit wider than the Fire.

http://www.amazon.com/NeoSkin-Kindle...ywords=neoskin
fionvarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #135
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
I got my Aura about a month ago now. Luckily the Kobo sleeve that I had purchased for my Touch a few years ago just fits the Aura so I didn't have to replace it.

Decalgirl now has skins in stock for the Aura so I'm planning on ordering one shortly as I find that bare Aura a little slippery and a bit of a finger-print magnet. I had a gelaskin on my Touch but they don't plan on making them for the Aura. Once I get my skin I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Jeff
I'd imagine it will have the same texture as Decal Girl skins have always had: More grip than the all-nude Aura but a bit like the offspring of vinyl wrapping paper. That's perfectly fine for me, but I'm not entirely certain that those who seek to replicate the specific texture of the back of a Glo will be satisfied.

Now that you've reminded me, I might well pick up a DG skin in the next few moments.