Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Amazon Stops Hiding E-Reading Apps On The Kindle Fire

Amazon Stops Hiding Competitors’ E-Reading Apps On The Kindle Fire

Apparently Amazon was blocking some other ereader apps from displaying in the app store on the Fire. I admit I hadn't noticed that, and I'm not familiar with several of the apps that are now listed. Still, it's a good thing.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Questionable reporting as the following are still blocked:
  • Mantano
  • Aldiko
  • Moon+
  • Bluefire
  • Kobo
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You're right. Someone has their wires crossed somewhere.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I would like to get bluefire as I need it to access books at my library
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I'll still use the Kindle app.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
An alternative option is that you could install the Overdrive for Android app. There is a link here.
http://overdrive.com/Software/omc/

You would then need to authorize the app with an Adobe ID and password (many people already have these). When you check out your books choose EPUB rather than Kindle format if you plan to read them within this app.

I haven't tried the Android version, but I use the iPhone version for both ebooks and audiobooks.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
Getjar has the BlueFire reader.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I wonder what "competitor's ereader software" the article was talking about?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I wonder what "competitor's ereader software" the article was talking about?
It means alternative reading apps to the Kindle book viewer such as the ones listed in jswinden's post #2. There is a similar list in the linked article.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
It means alternative reading apps to the Kindle book viewer such as the ones listed in jswinden's post #2. There is a similar list in the linked article.
Yes, but my point is, none of those are actually showing up in the Amazon appstore on the Kindle Fire.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

The article says at the moment only Wattpad app is showing in the store.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I have never heard of Wattpad and I doubt the validity of their claim as being the most popular eBook app. I think Wattpad, most likely also unknown by Amazon, threw a temper tantrum and got Amazon to okay their product and Amazon did so only after realizing this wasn't a true ereader competitor. That is just a guess. At any rate the article represents the sad state of journalism, or total lack thereof, from the typical blog. It is rather pathetic that they don't verify any information but simply quote others.

I know little to nothing about microbiology, perhaps I should start a microbiology blog with a Godaddy account and a bloggy looking website design.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-23-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Oh look, another bloggie statement claiming this is an agreement between Wattpad and Amazon to market the Fire, see this MR thread. Meh!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Not that it's relevant, but I tried Mantano recently (because Blossom likes it), and found it so painful to use due to formatting errors or interpretations that I removed it. Maybe Amazon is blocking it from the Fire for that type of reason rather than due to the niche.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
Not that it's relevant, but I tried Mantano recently (because Blossom likes it), and found it so painful to use due to formatting errors or interpretations that I removed it. Maybe Amazon is blocking it from the Fire for that type of reason rather than due to the niche.
Formatting errors? I find Mantano does the best job in getting formatting right. It one of the only ones that reads external style sheets correctly. What kind of formatting errors do you speak of?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote