Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
KamikazePanda
KamikazePanda began at the beginning.

Device: ____
Anyone know what sonys dead pixel policy is?

I recently bought a PRS-505 and have noticed that it has two stuck permanently black pixels near the center of the screen, they stay black even when the device is turned off. I suppose they don't really interfere with reading due to being so small, and i'm assuming i'll be out of luck trying to get it replaced for them, but it's rather annoying as I didn't think stuck pixels were an issue with e-ink

edit: upon further inspection they may be "reversed" pixels, when the screen turns black on page turns they seem to turn white, it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't two of them, about an inch apart pretty much dead center in the screen

Last edited by KamikazePanda; 06-27-2008 at 12:46 AM.
KamikazePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If it's a recent purchase then you could try claiming under the warranty. What have you got to lose? In your position, I'd email Sony.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert